- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
Cool Fresh International and Purnatur receive AEO certification
The Cool Fresh Group’s AEO accreditation is proof that the companies concerned comply with all administrative, financial and customs reliability requirements, as well as the required goods handling safety standards for imports and exports. The AEO status furthermore is proof that companies operate in line with the community laws governing relations between private entities and the authorities responsible for controlling international trade.
CEO Hugo Vermeulen says that as a certified Authorised Economic Operator, the Cool Fresh Group’s Netherlands-based entities (Cool Fresh International BV, Purnatur BV, Saphir Logistics BV) amongst others now benefit from greater efficiency in the supply chain in terms of easier access to customs procedures, fewer physical and document inspections; and priority control upon risk-based inspections.
Christiaan van der Goes, Group QA Coordinator managed the implementation of the AEO processes. He states that the Cool Fresh Group’s AEO accreditation, coupled with its high level CSR certification in terms of the CSR Performance Ladder, as well as the IFS Broker and IFS Logistics certifications will ensure that the Group continues to be recognized as a reliable global supplier of fresh produce. ‘This all-encompassing set of management standards helps facilitate new business partnerships and increases the added value which we can provide our growers and customers’ .
The AEO certificate requires companies to provide complete transparency concerning operational, financial and corporate issues, as well as clear proof of its adherence to customs requirements. Most importantly, holders of the AEO certificate are required to supply evidence of its corporate governance track record, record keeping issues, as well its solvency and compliance with the relevant norms of safety and security. AEO Certificates are issued for an unlimited period of time.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects