- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
GSCP approves SCSs sustainable agriculture certification program
Sustainably Grown received an “A” grade average for all GSCP criteria, demonstrating the certification program’s high level of alignment with the GSCP requirements for labor conditions and auditing systems.
“The GSCP congratulates SCS on this successful completion of the Equivalence Process. The commitment necessary to complete the process is a clear testament to SCS’ dedication to actively promoting the harmonization and transparency in global compliance schemes,” said Sonja Schmid, GSCP Equivalence Process Manager.
“Alignment with the GSCP Reference tools is one more way in which we are demonstrating our continued commitment to providing global leadership in creating tools to verify social and environmental sustainability practices in the agricultural sector,“ said Lesley Sykes, Sustainably Grown Program Manager. According to Sykes, SCS pursued alignment with the GSCP Reference Code during its scheduled update of the Sustainably Grown Standard earlier this year to Version 2.0. “Version 2.0 lines up with the GSCP framework for fair labor conditions and fundamental labor rights, and assures stakeholders that compliance is verified according to best practice in social auditing.”
Sustainably Grown is also now among the approved responsible sourcing standards for IDH’s fruit and vegetables program, SIFAV (Sustainability Initiative Fruit & Vegetables). “We welcome SCS’ Sustainably Grown certification program as a new recognized standard for social compliance, and it will now be part of the SIFAV basket of standards” said Kebba Colley, Senior Program Manager at IDH. SIFAV aims to make imports of fresh produce from Africa, Asia and South America 100 percent sustainable by 2020. In addition to field level projects, member buying companies across the EU agree to source imports from the SIFAV recognized standards, which represent a common definition and understanding of sustainability.
SCS Global Services
2000 Powell Street,
Ste. 600, Emeryville,
CA 94608 USA
Tel: 1 510 452 8000
Fax: 1 510 452 8001
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 Senator Dianne Feinstein passed away
- 2023-10-02 USDA updates in alleged PACA violations
- 2023-10-02 Australian AgTech company recognised as Farm Management Solution of the Year
- 2023-10-02 Growth in the Bonduelle Group’s business and profitability in 2022-2023
- 2023-10-02 Christo van der Rheede retires after eight years at Agri SA
- 2023-10-02 "Providing basic services in Germany is becoming increasingly challenging"
- 2023-09-29 "I am now collaborating with Experience Fruit Quality to put the entire fruit supply chain on a dashboard"
- 2023-09-29 “Embracing digitalization a necessity for maritime trade”
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-28 Berry Fresh welcomes new hire
- 2023-09-28 Rice Fruit Company announces retirement of long-time fruit grower
- 2023-09-28 Agri-tech company HarvestEye appoints global aftermarket expert as new general manager
- 2023-09-27 Lipman appoints new head of watermelon sales
- 2023-09-27 Michigan brand expands beyond apples
- 2023-09-27 Mission Produce elevates direct-to-retail service in Europe
- 2023-09-27 Greenmed closes its Almassora plant and lays off its workforce