- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- South Africa issues notice of termination of some citrus exports to the EU
- Ozone brings MRLs of fungicides and pesticides down within limits
- Malaysian durian growers cut down trees over Pahang Land Deal frustration
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL POMEGRANATE MARKET
- Egypt now second producer of sun-dried tomatoes, behind Italy
Tim Jones - Wandin Valley Farms, Australia
"This year looks on par with one of our better years"
"We are a few days away," explains Tim Jones from Wandin Valley Farms. "The first cherry picked will be for the domestic market, it will be the Earlise variety. Then we hope to be harvesting the Royal Hazel variety by the end of next week, this will hopefully be for export."
Wandin Valley has orchards in Tasmania as well as in Victoria and Tim expects the season to go on until the end of January.
Alison and Tim Jones
"The fruit set this year is really good, we had a beautiful flowering period and, weather dependent, we expect a good run of quality fruit," said Tim. "This is a nice change from last year when the whole industry suffered from low volumes, this year looks on par with one of our better years."
Martin Sebire, Alison Jones, Tim Jones, Graeme Sebire and Eileen Sebire
Tim’s wife Alison is also heavily involved in the business. She has recently taken on the CEO role and also manages the packing facility. Alison’s father Graeme continues to work pretty much full-time within the business and this seasons cherry harvest will be his 63rd in a row from when he was first involved in the family farm. Graeme always shows a sense of pride knowing that his family has been growing cherries in Victoria since 1893!!
The main export volumes will go to South East Asia and the Middle East and Tim is hoping to get some cherries into the UK and Canada again this year. "We didn't make these markets last year because of the lack of volumes. The big news for our industry this year is that we gained back access into Vietnam. So we will hopefully have a very successful supply program for the whole of the Australian cherry industry. We are really pleased to have that market back after an absence of three years."
For more information:
Wandin Valley Farm
Tel: +61 3 59 644 669
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-21 Blueberry decline caused by Lasiodiplodia theobromae in the Czech Republic
- 2020-09-21 What challenges is the Peruvian grape season facing?
- 2020-09-21 Qiuyue pear becomes most popular Chinese export variety this year
- 2020-09-21 Sunshine Muscat grapes a "K-Food" trend in China
- 2020-09-21 EU peach prices at weekly five year max in week 38
- 2020-09-21 Huelva is getting ready for the upcoming berry harvest
- 2020-09-21 ‘Black plague’ is decimating apple yield in Kashmir
- 2020-09-21 New large-scale public facility created to showcase Aussie innovation in apple and stone fruit production
- 2020-09-21 Hillwood Berries optimistic after promise of seasonal workers
- 2020-09-21 Australian grapes might be on the shelves year-round thanks to specific gene
- 2020-09-21 Consistent requests since the beginning of the campaign and higher consumption for Apulian seedless grapes
- 2020-09-18 Blueberries grown under innovative agrivoltaic systems
- 2020-09-18 "Good price formation for raspberries all season"
- 2020-09-18 Special breeding programs are designed to meet Chinese consumers’ preferences
- 2020-09-18 First commercial shipment of Brazilian melons to the Chinese market
- 2020-09-18 30% higher prices for Castile-La Mancha's melons and watermelons
- 2020-09-18 Uzbekistan melons see great export numbers
- 2020-09-18 New South Wales blueberry farm offers $50,000 bonus to attract fruit pickers
- 2020-09-18 Organic grower revitalises its plum portfolio while bulk veg exports rise
- 2020-09-18 China: Yantai apple brand hits 14.5 billion yuan in 2020