- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Tim Jones - Wandin Valley Farms, Australia
"This year looks on par with one of our better years"
"We are a few days away," explains Tim Jones from Wandin Valley Farms. "The first cherry picked will be for the domestic market, it will be the Earlise variety. Then we hope to be harvesting the Royal Hazel variety by the end of next week, this will hopefully be for export."
Wandin Valley has orchards in Tasmania as well as in Victoria and Tim expects the season to go on until the end of January.
Alison and Tim Jones
"The fruit set this year is really good, we had a beautiful flowering period and, weather dependent, we expect a good run of quality fruit," said Tim. "This is a nice change from last year when the whole industry suffered from low volumes, this year looks on par with one of our better years."
Martin Sebire, Alison Jones, Tim Jones, Graeme Sebire and Eileen Sebire
Tim’s wife Alison is also heavily involved in the business. She has recently taken on the CEO role and also manages the packing facility. Alison’s father Graeme continues to work pretty much full-time within the business and this seasons cherry harvest will be his 63rd in a row from when he was first involved in the family farm. Graeme always shows a sense of pride knowing that his family has been growing cherries in Victoria since 1893!!
The main export volumes will go to South East Asia and the Middle East and Tim is hoping to get some cherries into the UK and Canada again this year. "We didn't make these markets last year because of the lack of volumes. The big news for our industry this year is that we gained back access into Vietnam. So we will hopefully have a very successful supply program for the whole of the Australian cherry industry. We are really pleased to have that market back after an absence of three years."
For more information:
Wandin Valley Farm
Tel: +61 3 59 644 669
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-01 The Chilean fruit sector continues to move forward by enforcing extreme security measures
- 2020-04-01 Frosts caused flower and bud damage in Hungarian peach and apricot orchards
- 2020-03-31 Patagonia will be able to export Argentine fruit directly to China starting 2021
- 2020-03-27 Chilean fruit exporters continue to count on preferential access to UK market
- 2020-03-27 Lack of foreign laborers may paralyze this year’s strawberry harvest in Poland
- 2020-03-26 The 5 most expensive fruits in the world
- 2020-03-25 Guatemalan blackberry imports via South Florida expected to remain about the same
- 2020-03-24 From a stagnant market to escalating demand
- 2020-03-19 ‘Raspberry movement from Mexico expected to increase’
- 2020-03-17 California’s strict air quality regulations good for growers
- 2020-03-16 Fruit trade volume in Jiangnan Market higher than last year despite impact of COVID-19 epidemic
- 2020-03-16 “New Zealand growers okay with levy”
- 2020-03-13 Mr Apple and China Resources Enterprise donate container of new season apples to Wuhan
- 2020-03-13 Dutch Embassy to support Ugandan fruit farmers
- 2020-03-12 Taiwanese fruit export nearly stagnated in February
- 2020-03-11 Kazakhstan temporarily halted import of some Chinese fruits
- 2020-03-11 The global economic crash will affect Argentina's fruit exports
- 2020-03-10 Belarusian fruit and berry harvest reached almost 160 thousand tons in 2019
- 2020-03-04 Chile: Fruit exports to US drop by 10 percent
- 2020-03-03 Climate change effects on apricot blossom blight in South of France