- Operations Manager - Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Night-Shift Crop Inspector - San Jose (CA) USA
- Product Coördinator Fresh produce - Ridderkerk, Dinteloord of Heerle
- Medewerker Marketing & Communicatie - Hillegom
- Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
- Assistant breeder
- Greenhouse Director of Production - Center Moriches (NY) USA
- Head Grower Cannabis - Reading, Southern England
- Global Product Manager - Northeast Ohio area
- Produce Sales Representative - Remote/Surrounding Los Angeles area
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW BERRIES
- “Bottlenecks are here to stay for a long while, probably at a lesser extent, once the effects of the covid-rebound are over”
- Hydroponic strawberries where sugarcane used to grow
- PEI and British Columbia put pressure on Manitoba potato supplies
- Washington apple grower digitally integrates quality inspection to improve freshness
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- 'We'd like to be importing about 200 containers of Ethiopian Hass avocados within 4 or 5 years"
- Kenyan traders are painting avocados to dupe consumers
- South Africa and Tanzania meet on avocado imports
- Avocados become entrenched in South Africans’ shopping baskets
- “By 2024, we’ll produce up to 3,000 tons of Hass avocado”
Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
Click here to view the photo report.
What started as a primarily domestic event, has seen international attendance continue to grow, with exhibitors and visitors hailing from the Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Egypt, just to name a few.
Poland has changed a lot since the beginning of the conference. One of the panel discussions held throughout the day touched on just that, asking the question, 'What drives the Polish consumer?'. Panelists discussed how to increase fresh and vegetable consumption in Poland, how logistics have changed over the past 10 years and what role packaging has in sales. The speakers emphasized the importance of internet retail and that private labels are the wave of the future.
The Russian embargo continues to change the landscape of Polish exports and has caused many traders to search for new markets and new innovations in order replace the gaps in sales that were left after Russia was no longer the main market for many. Since then, many have looked to alternative markets such as China, India and the Middle East. For this discussion, panelists spoke about the work that Polish promotion boards are doing abroad, if it is enough, but also what the different preferences are for those markets.
The event was a great opportunity for visitors to meet directly with major European retailers in the hopes of striking up a new deal together, along with providing a great opportunity for visitors to network and visit the various stands located in the hall.
Towards the end of the afternoon, the organisers took the opportunity to recognise the company's who had been present at the event from the very start. After that, the much awaited Fresh Market Award 2017 was announced, with the lucky winners being Polish company DILBAR, for their packaged fresh goji berries. A product that many fortunate visitors were able to taste for the very first time.
To learn more about the Fresh Market Conference, please visit www.freshmarket.eu.
Click here to view the photo report.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-12-01 London Produce Show to collaborate with the International Food & Drink Event in 2022
- 2021-12-01 The market, climate change, field research and the new bio-technologies
- 2021-12-01 One hundred exhibitors at Futurpera
- 2021-11-30 MedFEL returns to Perpignan
- 2021-11-30 ISI Sementi organizes the Field Days Brassicas 2021
- 2021-11-30 Gold Coast, Queensland announced as location for BerryQuest International
- 2021-11-29 CPMA disappointed about trade show overlap with Fruit Logistica Berlin
- 2021-11-26 Fruit Logistica postponed to 5-7 April 2022
- 2021-11-23 Southeast Produce Council announces SEPC University Educational Session speaker
- 2021-11-23 Looking back on the first Shanghai International Fruit Expo
- 2021-11-22 Good, professional conversations and a great general atmosphere
- 2021-11-22 Fructura Expo postponed until 2022
- 2021-11-19 Medellin will host Colombia's most important avocado knowledge and business event
- 2021-11-19 2021 shows a good year for the quality of Italian organic kiwifruit
- 2021-11-18 Southeast Produce Council announces Power of Produce 2022 panel
- 2021-11-18 16 companies and a score of experts will participate in the VI Dalías Early Pepper Conference
- 2021-11-18 Chinese fruit market changed during the pandemic
- 2021-11-17 30 experts will present latest developments in stone fruit sector
- 2021-11-17 JWM Group joins the 2021 Shanghai International Fruit Expo
- 2021-11-17 First day of the Shanghai International Fruit Expo