- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Apple industry on Canada's East Coast affected by Hurricane Fiona
- Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- “Demand for the Wonderful variety pomegranates is high right now”
- World Container Index sinks to January 2021 levels
- Researchers boost nutritive benefits of sweet potato with novel drying technology
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Onions Australia heads to Brisbane
Growers and industry representatives from across Australia will converge on the Berkley’s on Ann, Rendezvous Hotel on October 15 and 16.
The two day event will open with an Executive Committee meeting of Onions Australia, followed by the association’s Annual General Meeting and then an Annual Levy Payers’ Meeting.
The first day will then move into a networking meet and greet session, followed by the prestigious Reg Miller Awards dinner.
Day 2 will comprise a regional grower tour, heading out to the Lockyer Valley and a tour of Qualipac, with a grower barbecue.
The sessions will include comprehensive information on everything from innovation, on farm safety, chemical and machinery advances, and numerous research project updates.
The keynote speaker at the levy payers’ meeting will be Jacob Wiskerke, from Holland’s Wiskerke Onions – the world’s largest exporter of onions.
Mr Wiskerke will discuss the ‘Power of the Dutch Onion sector’ and the position of Wiskerke Onions, Kruiningen.
The Reg Miller Awards dinner will feature keynote deliveries from silver medal winning Paralympian Scott Reardon and Senator Richard Colbeck, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Agriculture.
Onions Australia Chairperson Andrew Moon said the Brisbane conference offered an exceptional opportunity for onion growers to learn about international industry, as well as learn about new developments within the Australian industry.
“We look forward to again hosting an outstanding conference in Queensland, right at the start of onion harvest,” he said.
“Onions Australia is renowned for the quality of its conferences and the calibre of its speakers.”
Onions Australia will have support from key strategic partners at the event, including Dobmac Machinery, Bejo Seeds, Colquhouns, J-tech Systems, Terranova Seeds and Seminis.
P: 0458 11 11 26
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-29 International and Spanish Tradeshow Magazine - Primeur Fruit Attraction
- 2022-09-29 Three ag tech sessions announced for Organic Grower Summit 2022
- 2022-09-27 Interest in renewables is increasing markedly amid soaring electricity prices
- 2022-09-26 Join the knowledge hub at Asia Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-09-26 Consumer take on produce and technology innovation
- 2022-09-23 Poland Fresh Market 2022 Photo Report
- 2022-09-23 'Back British Farming Day' rescheduled to Wednesday 2 November
- 2022-09-23 PopFest Open Days take place from September 26 to 30
- 2022-09-23 New varieties, soil health and hydroponic cultivation at Enza Zaden Summer Field Days
- 2022-09-23 California Citrus Conference to be held October 19, 2022
- 2022-09-23 Exploring organic grower challenges and solutions
- 2022-09-22 Live event on fixing the nation's farm labor shortage
- 2022-09-22 Berry Business Forum to be held tomorrow in Belgrade, Serbia
- 2022-09-21 Exhibitors prepare to overcome global challenges at Fruit Logistica 2023
- 2022-09-21 AHEIA elects new board during their AGM and Members Forum
- 2022-09-20 Andalusia will be Fruit Attraction's Guest Region
- 2022-09-20 Fresh fruit & vegetable industry Virtual Global Sustainability Symposium
- 2022-09-20 Agriplace and GLOBALG.A.P. present joint webinar for easing the Chain of Custody certification process
- 2022-09-20 Morocco Berry Conference 2022 takes place in November
- 2022-09-16 Fruit Attraction 2022 confirms the participation of more than 1,700 exhibitors one month before its launch