- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Peru: Torre Blanca handling grapes for the first time
Gianfranco Guerrinin Crispo from Torre Blanca has been talking about the company's new venture.
"The grapes, which are the Red Globe variety, are being grown in Nepena Valley in the North of the country. We started with this new product during the last week of October and this is the first year we have handled table grapes."
Gianfranco went on to explain that the grapes are to be exported to several markets.
"They will be exported to Europe - mainly to Germany - and also to Asia, mostly to Indonesia and China."
The grapes are being processed by Torre Blanca on behalf of European company, Kolla, who have offices in Switzerland, Germany and Spain.
"This year the quality of the grapes is good. Peruvian volumes are growing year by year, this year the expectations are for around 8,000 containers.
Gianfrance says the company expects to handle a total of 20 containers this season, 45,600 8.2kg boxes.
For more information:
Procesadora Torre Blanca
Tel: 0051 982 329631
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Chile Launches 2022-23 fresh fruit export season despite delays
- 2022-12-02 "There is a powerful space for the early production of cherries in Chile"
- 2022-12-02 Another 680 Moroccan seasonal workers will be recruited for Huelva red fruit campaign
- 2022-12-02 Uzbekistan set a new record of watermelon exports in 2022
- 2022-12-02 "Spanish and Greek producers have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants"
- 2022-12-02 A lot of Italia variety grapes are remaining in the vineyards
- 2022-12-02 "With Bonita, we can offer great, regionally-grown tart, pink apples"
- 2022-12-02 Strawberry farm to reuse rainwater to curb flooding
- 2022-12-02 Canadian apple production forecast to grow 4 percent for market year 2022/23
- 2022-12-02 Kashmir fruit growers want more stringent controls on imports of Iranian apples
- 2022-12-02 Strawberries influx increases at APMC
- 2022-12-02 Horticulture students build up genome of the Cosmic Crisp apple
- 2022-12-02 APHIS removes Mexican Fruit Fly quarantine in Brownsville, Cameron County, Texas
- 2022-12-02 Later volume on Florida strawberries meets “outrageous” demand
- 2022-12-02 Argentina signed an agreement with the US to continue exporting fruits to that market
- 2022-12-02 "Quality increasingly taking precedence in this overfull blueberry market"
- 2022-12-02 “Demand for grapes from India is picking up as we’re getting close to the new year”
- 2022-12-02 First "Blueberry Express" to depart from the Port of Coronel to the US
- 2022-12-01 Grape consumption helps counter UV damage to skin
- 2022-12-01 Moroccan table grape grower transitions to new varieties