- Maintenance Engineer (CA, USA)
- Head of Horticulture - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Grimmway Farms sold to Indiana investment firm
- "First export of Red Love apple to India"
- Greenyard closes listeria chapter after settlement with the FSMA
- New packaged greenhouse grown hydroponic lettuce line to release in January
- Egyptian citrus season has started, good quantity of Valencia oranges expected
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New solution is biodegradable and reusable
Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
As the fruit is harvested and processed, the leaves simply fall to the ground and rot away. A few factories have begun to process the leaves into disposable crockery. They soften them in water and heat press them in the appropriate form.
Bio-degradable and recyclable
As part of a thesis, they designed bowls and lids for packaging fruits, vegetables and nuts. Since the start of this year, they have been developing their business idea and are starting up a business with the support of a Berlin start-up scholarship in Adlershof. Arekapak is its name. Production is to take place locally, in India.
The packaging scores high in the fields of low water and energy consumption. Afterwards, people can use them for other purposes: for example as a casserole dish or lunch box. They can also be thrown in the bio waste. The material is free of chemicals and completely biodegradable.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-12-03 "Packaging asparagus is not a challenge in itself - the short season is"
- 2020-12-03 Fonkels Fruity line further expanded
- 2020-12-02 "Product safety guaranteed right up to the first time you open the packaging"
- 2020-12-01 De Jong Packaging rents new 16,000 sqm warehouse
- 2020-11-30 "Extending the application and individual use of asparagus boxes"
- 2020-11-30 "Fixed cost degression effects led to increased earnings"
- 2020-11-30 Opal and Accu-Label announce exclusive agreement to distribute paper labels in Australia and New Zealand
- 2020-11-26 Zip Top launches products in Australia
- 2020-11-26 "Why sell candy in cone bags, but not radishes?"
- 2020-11-24 Investing in research despite difficult times
- 2020-11-24 Flexibility in paper packaging designs while preserving 100% recyclability
- 2020-11-23 "During this period of uncertainty, we are focusing on the production and on food safety values"
- 2020-11-23 Circular supply chain main focus of Dutch Fruit Tech Campus
- 2020-11-19 "We now offer 100% recyclable cardboard packaging for our flagship products"
- 2020-11-18 Large German berry packer moves toward sustainability with traysealer
- 2020-11-18 "From 2020, our production capacity is one million pieces a day"
- 2020-11-17 Indian researchers develop bio-degradable packing from cucumber peel
- 2020-11-13 New Heirloom Apple Discovery pack showcases eco-friendly packaging
- 2020-11-12 "We see opportunities for reusable lids in the convenience fruit segment"
- 2020-11-12 "It is not just asparagus producers who want to simplify and automate their packaging processes"