- Salesperson - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Business Development Manager - Madrid, Spain
- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- Sales Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New solution is biodegradable and reusable
Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
As the fruit is harvested and processed, the leaves simply fall to the ground and rot away. A few factories have begun to process the leaves into disposable crockery. They soften them in water and heat press them in the appropriate form.
Bio-degradable and recyclable
As part of a thesis, they designed bowls and lids for packaging fruits, vegetables and nuts. Since the start of this year, they have been developing their business idea and are starting up a business with the support of a Berlin start-up scholarship in Adlershof. Arekapak is its name. Production is to take place locally, in India.
The packaging scores high in the fields of low water and energy consumption. Afterwards, people can use them for other purposes: for example as a casserole dish or lunch box. They can also be thrown in the bio waste. The material is free of chemicals and completely biodegradable.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-01-24 "System counteracts the lack of employees and reduces incorrect labelling"
- 2020-01-23 Proseal meets Hawthorn Produce's needs for speed and space
- 2020-01-23 Vegetable packaging - can UK consumers have it all or do they want too much?
- 2020-01-23 Turning banana waste into food packaging
- 2020-01-23 Active container to extend the shelf life of tomatoes and peppers by more than 40%
- 2020-01-22 Eosta announces ambitious initiatives
- 2020-01-22 Pura Natura can be recycled in a number of ways
- 2020-01-22 Amazon Fresh must clearly denote the origin of fruit and vegetables
- 2020-01-21 Lidl introduces Ireland's first 100% compostable bag for potatoes
- 2020-01-20 Un Sacco Green - sustainable packaging solution by La Linea Verde
- 2020-01-20 New plastic-free packaging designs for berries and avocados
- 2020-01-17 Lidl preparing to simplify cardboard boxes for its greengrocer section
- 2020-01-17 China sets labelling rules
- 2020-01-16 Can mycelium packaging answer the global packaging crisis?
- 2020-01-15 Renaissance for wooden crates in France, Spain and Italy - When will Germany follow?
- 2020-01-15 Demonstrating complete packing lines during interpack
- 2020-01-14 "This packaging makes the freshness of goods very discernable at the POS"
- 2020-01-13 Compostable cucumber wrap adapts to new Australian industries
- 2020-01-10 "Banding machine with quick change frame is unique in the industry"
- 2020-01-10 Smart-Display offers mobile and flexible advertising space to fresh food trade