- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Wildfires and high winds lead to reduction of apple harvest
- “We are working to register Tropical Avocados as a quality trademark”
- Investors back Central Otago cherry developments
- Washington state Ag inspector seeks info on maggot-infested apples
- US retailers are loyal to domestic sweet potato growers
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- South Africa issues notice of termination of some citrus exports to the EU
- Ozone brings MRLs of fungicides and pesticides down within limits
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL POMEGRANATE MARKET
- "Disappointing period for mandarins recently, no stocks of oranges"
- “North American blueberry industry needs to innovate to become competitive”
New solution is biodegradable and reusable
Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
As the fruit is harvested and processed, the leaves simply fall to the ground and rot away. A few factories have begun to process the leaves into disposable crockery. They soften them in water and heat press them in the appropriate form.
Bio-degradable and recyclable
As part of a thesis, they designed bowls and lids for packaging fruits, vegetables and nuts. Since the start of this year, they have been developing their business idea and are starting up a business with the support of a Berlin start-up scholarship in Adlershof. Arekapak is its name. Production is to take place locally, in India.
The packaging scores high in the fields of low water and energy consumption. Afterwards, people can use them for other purposes: for example as a casserole dish or lunch box. They can also be thrown in the bio waste. The material is free of chemicals and completely biodegradable.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-17 The Agropack project develops fruit packaging with peach pits
- 2020-09-15 Fresh thinking for fruit and produce packaging
- 2020-09-15 Packaging company commits to reducing environmental impact
- 2020-09-15 'Safe arrivals in Guangzhou thanks to Paclife'
- 2020-09-14 Expansion of Chinese agricultural export stimulates market demand for mesh bags
- 2020-09-11 Government inkjets funds to support Coffs co-op’s berry good traceability
- 2020-09-09 New 100% home compostable cucumber wrap released
- 2020-09-09 'Using natural resources wisely'
- 2020-09-09 rPET tray liners
- 2020-09-04 Asda removes plastic fruit and veg bags from stores as it continues to tackle plastic pollution
- 2020-09-04 Packaging manufacturers to launch a new on-line ‘shopping’ website
- 2020-09-04 Party Délice tomato shaker nominated for European Carton Excellence Award 2020
- 2020-09-03 PacLife presents new packaging technology to protect the fruit from harvest to arrival
- 2020-09-03 New: Tomabel shaker
- 2020-09-01 Red Sun Farms introduces new graphic refresh to align with sustainability goals
- 2020-09-01 Cost of plastic bags set to double in UK supermarkets
- 2020-08-31 "The creation of new orchards in Lorraine has saved an entire ecosystem threatened with extinction"
- 2020-08-31 Fonkels Re-fruiter tray nominated for European Carton Excellence Award 2020
- 2020-08-28 Produce labeling company renews Quality Certification for North America
- 2020-08-28 Colruyt Group makes fruit and vegetable deliveries greener