- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- MIP Manager - Denver (Colorado) USA
- LED Cultivation Product Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Zimbabwean blueberry growers note increased market competition
- Idaho sees 40 percent reduction in 2021-2022 onion crop
- Australian-Chinese relations impact table grape and citrus exports
- ‘Perfect storm’ drives Australian avocado prices down to $1
- Substantial growth expected for upcoming Chilean cherry season
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Mozambique and Eswatini pick up on bananas as South Africa's bananas make way for citrus, avocados, macadamias
- “My new avocado plants arrived in India in July of this year”
- South Africa terminates Valencia & lemon inspections for EU export
- China-US spot freight rates plunge
- California strawberries start transition to Oxnard
East-West Seed and Seminis announce strategic collaboration in Indonesia
This collaboration applies to hot pepper, tomato and other vegetable seed varieties, including the popular hot pepper varieties known by their registered variety denominations of “TM999”, “Hot Chili” and “Krida”.
These varieties were developed by Seminis and previously distributed by third parties. Beginning August 2013, they will be relaunched under East-West Seed’s “Cap Panah Merah” brand and become available exclusively from East-West Seed. East-West Seed will handle all sales, marketing, promotion and production of products under this collaboration.
“We are excited to see the strong brand of East-West Seed in Indonesia combined with the superb germplasm of Seminis. This partnership will bring together our marketing and business expertise, along with an excellent portfolio of products – all in the effort to better serve our farmer customers,” said Glenn Pardede, Managing Director of PT East West Seed Indonesia.
There is a wide window of opportunity for growth in Indonesia’s vegetable farming sector. Presently the area harvested to vegetables is 1.05 million hectares, producing 10 million tones of fresh vegetables, according to the UN-FAO.
Vegetable consumption in the country could still be vastly improved. The world’s largest archipelago, Indonesia has by far the highest population in Southeast Asia at 240 million. Indonesians consume vegetables at an average of 40kg per capita per year, below the Southeast Asia average of 50-60 kgs per capita per year.
“More and more farmers are seeing the potential for good quality seeds which will impact vegetable production significantly. This distribution partnership will ensure better coverage and efficiency in making quality vegetable seed varieties available to famers in Indonesia. This fits with our mission to provide innovative products and services that help increase farmers’ income and promote the growth and quality of the vegetable farming industry,” he added.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to partner with East-West Seed in Indonesia,” said Ben Hoodless, Seminis Asia Pacific Business Lead.
“Our focus will remain on leveraging our leading R&D capabilities to develop and trial new innovative products for Indonesian growers, while supporting our new partner East-West Seed to produce, market and distribute the highest quality seeds to the market,” he added.
Beyond this marketing partnership in Indonesia, the two parties East-West Seed and Seminis remain independent and separately existing companies.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-15 Olam Food Ingredients and Agri-Neo form industry-first partnership
- 2021-10-15 Longvine Growing Co announces executive leadership changes
- 2021-10-15 Sun World Promotes Melillo to Vice President of Grower Support Services
- 2021-10-15 Foodiverse strengthens management structure within framework of new strategic plan
- 2021-10-14 AgJunction Enters into arrangement agreement to be acquired by KUBOTA Corporation
- 2021-10-14 Vine Line joins FreshEdge
- 2021-10-14 Ceres Imaging secures $23 mln in Series C funding
- 2021-10-14 Post-secondary scholarships offered by grape growers
- 2021-10-14 Love Beets USA announces expanded portfolio under new name
- 2021-10-14 Brighter Bites announces partnership with new marketing agency
- 2021-10-14 Roamler acquires Mobeye and expands its field marketing services in the French market
- 2021-10-14 Ghana: EOS Data Analytics partners with Complete Farmer to boost agritech
- 2021-10-14 WayCool Foods gets $13 million as part of largest agri-tech funding in India
- 2021-10-14 Invaio Sciences secures $50 mln debt financing
- 2021-10-14 Intello Labs launches Praman, an AI-powered agriculture produce trade exchange platform
- 2021-10-13 Giddings Berries USA continues expansion with key hires
- 2021-10-13 Industry veteran Bryan Barsness joins GrubMarket
- 2021-10-13 Calconut opens its first store in the world in Lima
- 2021-10-12 Design-builder environmentally controlled facilities expands to US
- 2021-10-12 The Bread and Butter Thing announces new partnership with Worldwide Fruit Ltd