- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fruit tasting for terminal workers at Port of Cape Town
- How a New Zealand businessman established a successful cherry orchard from scratch by focusing on a niche
- Uncertainty ahead of Israeli citrus season
- New Zealand growers pulling out all the stops to attract workers
- “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
UK: Adrian Scripps & Tesco launch new pink apple
The name Autumn Blush was chosen from the 700 Tesco consumers who competed to come up with the most suitable name for the gloriously pink apple.
Autumn Blush apples from the variety Gradirose developed by the ABC tree nursery group, is harvested after Gala, but before Braeburn. Similar in appearance to more famous pink apples it provides the consumer with a new and different eating experience.
Pink Autumn Blush just before harvest
“The richly flavoured, aromatic apple is something unique in comparison with the wave of crisp sweet/tart apples of recent years” comments James Simpson, MD of Adrian Scripps Ltd. “we believe this apple can be likened to a fine wine and harks back to more traditional flavours that will appeal to a wide range of consumers.”
The apple is available exclusively in Tesco this season and can be found in the Best of British range in the run up to Christmas.
Consumers have already commented that this is a fantastically flavoured apple, some saying “the best apple they have tasted this season.”
For more information:
Adrian Scripps Ltd.
Tel: 0044 1892 832406
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 Late Lunar New Year offers opportunity to expose brand to a lot of potential new customers
- 2022-12-08 Novel eating experiences from Israel’s Eden Gold pear, watermelon plum and plumegranate
- 2022-12-08 Only half of apple packs in major UK supermarkets are British
- 2022-12-08 'Grape imports from Peru became more important'
- 2022-12-08 Which state leads cranberry production?
- 2022-12-08 Mexico and Peru became top berry producers in just 10 years
- 2022-12-08 New hydrogel that delays fruit rot invented by Chilean researcher
- 2022-12-08 Watermelons harvest advanced due to rain in Bahia, Brazil
- 2022-12-08 "Varietal quality not yet aligned with optimal double production of raspberries"
- 2022-12-08 Moldova: Low stocks of export grapes in early 2023
- 2022-12-08 Limited crop of Winter Honeydew melons available early January
- 2022-12-08 Friday marks the first National Opal® Apples Day
- 2022-12-08 Stone fruit quality recovering after weather affected start to the season
- 2022-12-08 Smallest Washington apple crop in more than 20 years
- 2022-12-07 "Drought resulted in 40% less yield of Moldovan apples overall"
- 2022-12-07 Moroccan raspberries meet a flat demand
- 2022-12-07 Total volume of grapes in storage well down on last year
- 2022-12-07 Blueberry production progressing in Brazil
- 2022-12-07 “We’re looking at potential buyers in Asia and Africa”
- 2022-12-07 “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”