- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Medicinal mushrooms the next big trend?
- Rainy run-up to the South African litchi harvest aids sizing
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Freak hailstorm in Chile touches cherry, table grape and blueberry farms
- Western Australia’s pome industry said goodbye to two legends this month
Top 5 -last month
2013 Worldstart Packaging Food Category
Gourmet Trading package scoops award
The Two Piece Display-Ready Asparagus Shipper was developed in 2010 by Gourmet Trading Company and California Polytechnic State University San Luis Obispo. The package offers the unique ability to be converted from a shipper to a display in the matter of seconds without the use of a box cutter. The simple instructions on the package make it easy for retail store employees to separate the top from the tray. The tray can then be displayed on a 60 degree shelf creating a clean presentation with branding on the produce shelf. A moisture pad at the bottom of the tray keeps the asparagus looking fresh. Overall, the package allows retailers to save time and money stocking shelves while preventing injury without additional training of employees.
Julia Inestroza, Gourmet Trading Company Marketing Director, stated “We’re proud to be internationally recognized by the WorldStar Packaging Organisaion for this display-ready asparagus box. It was a great opportunity for us to work with Cal Poly San Luis Obispo’s packaging department on a real world challenge and we’re ecstatic with the results: A box that saves time at the front end of the store and allows for
fresher product and less shrink for retailers.”
The Two Piece Display-Ready Asparagus Shipper will be honored at the WorldStar Award Presentation on May 9, 2013 in Sydney, Australia.
For more information:
Gourmet Trading Company
Tel: +1 951 522 5034
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 "Next month there could be a shortage of lettuce in the market"
- 2022-11-25 Is inflation affecting Ontario carrot demand?
- 2022-11-25 Organic vegetables are doing well
- 2022-11-25 Growers can use a test kit to detect ToBRFV before plants even shows signs
- 2022-11-25 Zimbabwean growers frustrated by tomatoes being smuggled in
- 2022-11-25 “The winter broccoli season is starting slower than expected”
- 2022-11-25 "The forecasts that producers had in Almeria were inaccurate"
- 2022-11-25 The organic market gains three new vegetable varieties
- 2022-11-24 Kabul residents complain of high vegetable prices
- 2022-11-24 "Cauliflower shortage has allowed its price to remain at an average of €1.20 per kilo"
- 2022-11-24 Less concerns about the ToBRFV virus this year in Sicily
- 2022-11-23 Pricey lettuce has restaurants and grocers pulling salad from menus and shelves
- 2022-11-23 Peak Brussels sprouts crop ready for holiday season
- 2022-11-23 Fresh-cut segment balances between problems and innovations
- 2022-11-23 New vegetable varieties being released
- 2022-11-23 Coles and CSIRO team up to create vegetable snack
- 2022-11-23 Stagnating to declining acreage for open ground vegetables in Hesse
- 2022-11-23 The German vegetable sector is facing up to the current challenges
- 2022-11-23 Karachi citizens bear brunt of gap between official and retail vegetable prices
- 2022-11-23 Colombo Municipal Council switches to vegetables amid looming food crisis