- May marks the launch of the new brand positioning and messaging for Australian Avocados
- This strategy has been developed from the overarching Avocado category strategy and through consultation with Australian Avocado SIAP
- The launch campaign includes a traditional media mix designed to drive mass awareness of the new creative with the overarching objective of driving demand for the category
- The hero talent in the TVC is well-known comedian Nazeem Hussain
- PR where we Officially, unofficially sponsor of one of the oldest bowlos in the country
- The initial burst of activity is scheduled for May-June 2021 in line with the highest volume supply forecast
Australian Avocados brand campaign
Objective: To develop a campaign that emotionally connects with Australian consumers by leveraging the inherent love people have for avocados. By building brand love, we will help drive preference of Australian Avocados, grow unaided brand recall (awareness) and drive consideration, which will contribute to increasing the frequency of purchase. All of which are important when faced with a volume uplift of 30% YOY.
The integrated campaign will feature activity across television, out-of-home advertising, social media (Facebook & Instagram), digital advertising, and public relations, and will run until the end of June 2021.
The Case for Change
Whilst the Australian Avocados ‘Smash an Avo’ campaign has driven awareness of functional benefits (such as use and versatility), it is a creative articulation that somewhat limits distinctiveness, brand building and ongoing relevance.
They may not have been born in Australia, but we’ve made avocados our own.
They’re everywhere. At our cafés, our dinner parties, our restaurants and our taco trucks.
In fact, they’re so universal, they’ve almost become invisible. And we’ve forgotten how precious they are. Every mouthful is a premium. Every slice is golden. Every cube is a little treasure. To be artfully arranged in our sushi. Masterfully mashed on our toast. And divvied up democratically. (Or else.)
Isn’t it time that we reminded Australians of how much we love them?
That we celebrated their iconic status? They’re our national treasure.
Our Green Gold.
It’s green, it’s gold. It’s a national treasure. In order to celebrate the iconic status of the Avocado and elevate it beyond the plate and into culture. Let’s give the Avocado it’s rightful place. Officially… but actually unofficially.
Check out the 30-second and 15-second spots.
Click here for more information: avocado.org.au