- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Indian Barhi date production doubles
The Indian Barhi date season starts in July and ends mid August just as the Israeli season starts. According to Rattan Sharma from the company this gives them the advantage, "We get our share of business without competing head to head with Israel’s Barhi dates. We have also created our own market in Europe."
"Barhi date tissue culture plants from Israel were brought to India some 10 years ago and production on our farms is increasing year on year and gives consistent quality. For example, we at Gorasiya Farms produced around 500 tonnes in 2012 and in 2013 our produce totalled around 900 tonnes. Apart from our own produce we traded 1000 tonnes of dates, mainly in domestic markets and Europe. Middle East exports are being explored and shall bring results in a year or two."
The dates are grown under modern conditions with computerised drip irrigation and fertilizing systems.
Packing is done according to standards set by the international and domestic market, with 500 gram plastic punnets and attractive jars for malls and premium outlets. Also eye-catching 1kg to 5 kg green, eco-friendly corrugated box packing, bigger and customized packing is available for loose and wholesale sales.
Barhi dates are sold under the brand name of Gorasiya farm and Banni.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-09-17 Chinese market price of kiwi fruit dropped by 40%-50% in two weeks
- 2021-09-17 Nigerian growers attempt to grow avocados in new, water-saving and sustainable way
- 2021-09-17 "The Spanish love avocados and they have become a staple food in the modern Spanish diet"
- 2021-09-16 “We want to sell the varieties with their typical colors, not just as simple pomegranates”
- 2021-09-16 The "cotonet" has already caused 40 million Euro losses to persimmon sector in the Region of Valencia
- 2021-09-16 Australia: Northern Territory trials cyclone-proof tropical fruit
- 2021-09-16 Australian mango season launches early
- 2021-09-16 China: Mid-Autumn Festival stocking, ginger prices have risen for 4 consecutive days
- 2021-09-16 Big opportunities for South African kiwifruit
- 2021-09-16 "We have grown the first Belgian ginger"
- 2021-09-15 Kenya: Mango exports to Pakistan expected to start in two weeks
- 2021-09-15 Situation and outlook of the Peruvian ginger market
- 2021-09-15 "Starting this week, everyone will have mangoes as a seasonal fruit on the shelves"
- 2021-09-15 Avocado and kiwifruit orchards are being planted in numbers not seen since 1988
- 2021-09-15 “We expect an increase in demand for pomegranates in the coming weeks”
- 2021-09-14 Peruvian avocado exports reach historic figures
- 2021-09-14 Vietnamese durians gaining toehold in Australia
- 2021-09-14 Price of Chinese ginger exports to Europe gradually comes down
- 2021-09-14 Cambodia ratifies Free Trade Agreement with China
- 2021-09-13 "The kiwifruit is high-yield and high-quality, and the shortage of transportation capacity may hinder export"