- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
- Yet more rain could spell quickened end to South African grapes
- “We can count on Colombian avocados soon to be year-round”
- Chile apple season well underway with new Fuji varieties near commercialisation
- A container of Lome Super Fruit juices has left for Canada
- Lower organic apple volumes out of South America expected
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Avocados under fire - are organic avocados any better?
The German organic online magazine bio-markt.info searched for an answer to the question: are organic avocados are any better than conventional avocados. There are several issues concerning the production of avocados, such as the monocultures, the high water demand and the large shipping distances to the consumers.
The demand for avocados has increased significantly over the last few years. In 2010, 28,000 metric tons were shipped to Germany; the number rose to 45,000 metric tons in 2015.
Read more at: bio-markt.info
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-24 "Dutch organic market dealing with inflation just fine"
- 2023-03-22 Organic celery sees strong price decline, clementine and tangerine prices up
- 2023-03-22 Spaniards spend an average of 60 euro a year on organic products
- 2023-03-21 "We've simply had extreme growth in recent years"
- 2023-03-17 Organic citrus sales decline
- 2023-03-16 Why produce organically: questions from producers and consumers
- 2023-03-13 France: professionals and consumers mobilized for organic farming
- 2023-03-09 "We want to offer high-quality organic products to smaller buyers as well"
- 2023-03-07 New range of solutions based on microorganisms and biostimulants suitable for organic farming
- 2023-02-28 Organic cultivation drops for the first time since 2012
- 2023-02-28 "This is the first season in which consumption of organic citrus in Europe has stagnated"
- 2023-02-27 Organic food shoppers in the US are feeling the pinch
- 2023-02-23 Organic produce items saw wide range of performance in 2022
- 2023-02-21 Sales of Veganuary declines as interest wanes
- 2023-02-21 PHOTO REPORT - BioFach 2023
- 2023-02-20 Continued global growth for organic market
- 2023-02-15 "It's important for organic to stay on store shelves"
- 2023-02-15 "We're very optimistic about organic's future"
- 2023-02-13 "Something must be done; else organic growers won't risk it anymore"
- 2023-02-10 EU area under organic farming grows by 41% in five years