- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Germany: Latest cultivation figures for organic vegetables
In 2012 a total of 9.3% of the total German vegetable acreage was used for organic cultivation. This corresponds to an area of nearly 11.000 hectares. Fruiting vegetables, such as organic pumpkins and courgettes utilized an above average percentage of the total area. Together these vegetables covered 17% (1,422 acres) of the total organic vegetable acreage. Also organic legumes such as peas and beans, which are sold for frozen food, covered an above average proportion of the total area, 15%.
Root vegetables such as carrot, onion and beetroot remain the most important group within the organic vegetables range with a total growing area of more than 3,000 acres, 29% of the organic farmland in Germany.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Demand for organic Lebanese apples and nuts exceeds supply
- 2023-09-21 Satisfactory market for Sicilian organic tomatoes in Germany
- 2023-09-19 US is the first destination for organic bananas from Ecuador
- 2023-09-19 Growing interest and attention to regenerative agriculture practices are driving new research
- 2023-09-14 First B2B edition of Sana 2023 proved to be a success
- 2023-09-14 "Reduced purchase quantities for fresh organic fruit and vegetables in Germany in the first 6 months of 2023"
- 2023-09-14 US (CA): Grant expands the SCOPE of organic ag education
- 2023-09-07 Support plan of 60 million euros for organic farming
- 2023-09-04 "The organic farm of the future will have to strike a balance between biodiversity, ecology and professionalism"
- 2023-09-01 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-08-30 An Italian company is among the finalists in the "Best organic producer" category
- 2023-08-30 "We want to carry a wide range of organic and conventional fruit and vegetables"
- 2023-08-29 Ukrainian organic products enter international markets
- 2023-08-21 Poster campaign for organic products targeting 80 million consumers in the Paris subway
- 2023-08-07 Organic fresh produce sales and volume edge up in Q2
- 2023-07-17 Delayed National Organic Agriculture Bill may affect Uganda's export leverage
- 2023-07-12 "This year, climate change poses major challenges for organic onion production"
- 2023-07-06 French TV program attacks the HEV label
- 2023-07-05 Launching clear, sustainable packaging for mushrooms
- 2023-07-04 Organic products in Georgia – high demand, low consumer awareness