- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
12 firefighters injured at NY wholesale market fire
Nearly 200 firefighters responded to the four-alarm fire Wednesday, which Hunts Point said was a small blaze confined to an area controlled by one vendor.
Firefighters confronted intense flames and smoke and had to cut their way through some of the walls to gain access.
"Forcing entry into this was obviously not very typical," said FDNY Chief James Daly. "You had to roll down metal security gates, and behind those gates were built permanent walls. There was a lot of cutting and a lot of pulling."
Twelve firefighters were injured and transported to area hospitals. Only one was said to have serious respiratory complications.
The vendor's operations were expected to continue normally, Hunts Point said. The rest of the market was not affected by the fire.
The fire was reported around 11:15 a.m. Wednesday and went to a fourth alarm around 12:40 p.m. because of the highly flammable contents of the building, including cardboard and wooden crates of produce.
Hunts Point stretches across 113 acres of property, with produce arriving by plane, boat and truck from nearly every state and 55 countries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-22 Australia’s varroa mite focus group shifts from ‘eradication’ to ‘management’ program
- 2023-09-20 Chinese appeal WTO ruling over retaliatory tariffs on US imports
- 2023-09-19 Cuyama Valley farmers are calling for boycott against firm that 'critically overdrafts' groundwater
- 2023-09-19 NASA's Perseverance rover photographed 'avocado' on the surface of Mars
- 2023-09-15 Victoria remains free of varroa mite
- 2023-09-14 US - Mexico Water Treaty Issues; Falcon Dam at 23%
- 2023-09-14 NZ National to cut red tape to boost primary sector
- 2023-09-14 Australian labour hire firm accused of providing unlicensed services and underpaying workers
- 2023-09-13 Central Bank of Afghanistan to ban the use of Pakistani currency soon
- 2023-09-13 Growing Change project helps growers navigate governmental Resource Management Regulations 2023
- 2023-09-13 ECOWAS members need effective cooperation to enable common currency
- 2023-09-13 Earthquake in Morocco: large-scale agriculture spared
- 2023-09-11 South African farm workers march against pesticides
- 2023-09-11 Unusually high exotic fruit fly season in California
- 2023-09-11 "Too early to quantify earthquake damage"
- 2023-09-08 Mushroom workers support unionization efforts at the Windmill mushroom farm
- 2023-09-08 Tulare County issues grants of up to $50,000 for storm damage
- 2023-09-08 US: Recycling pesticide containers in Vermont
- 2023-09-07 Dollar rises to six-month high as US services sector picked up steam last month
- 2023-09-06 Horticulture among most affected by South Africa’s loadshedding