- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fruit tasting for terminal workers at Port of Cape Town
- How a New Zealand businessman established a successful cherry orchard from scratch by focusing on a niche
- Uncertainty ahead of Israeli citrus season
- New Zealand growers pulling out all the stops to attract workers
- “In Greece, we face increases up to 110-120% in our electricity bills”
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
PMA: 26th to 28th October 2012
New technologies from Unitec for sorting and packing fresh fruit and vegetables
Unitec will be showcasing a range of innovative technologies and systems which allow industry operators to improve their handling processes via increased output, improved handling (leading to less shrink), greater consistency, enhanced quality and labor savings. In particular, Unitec will present the cherry sorting system that has achieved outstanding success around the world and in particular in the USA and Canada.
Atthe Fresh Summit, Unitec will showcase the UNICAL_200, the electronic sorter dedicated to sort small delicate fruit varieties, in particular cherries and cherry tomatoes. This is innovative technology is characterized by its high productivity (about 108,000 fruit/hour/lane) and extreme gentleness, both greatly appreciated by users. To date as many as 530 production lanes have been installed in over 20 countries around the world.
Also on display is CHERRY-VISION, the system that offers non destructive detection of the external and internal quality of cherries, entirely designed and developed by Unitec. This is a high productivity technology, versatile and customizable for any packing house on the basis of user requirements.
This very successful technology significantly reduces the work of identifying fruit defects manual sorting, with marked savings in processing costs. Thanks to CHERRY_VISION, cherry packers noticeably improve their quality selection regime and increase market profitability thanks to accurate quality selection never reached before. To date the CHERRY_VISION system has been installed on 236 lanes.
Unitec will be presenting other technologies at Fresh Summit for more than 35 varieties of fruits from tomatoes to citrus and stone fruits including the UNICAL_700, the electronic sorter for apples, characterized by its ultra gentle technology which take care of fruit integrity during the inlet and outlet from the sorter. This is due to Supersoft_Exit, the ultra-gentle system that guarantees zero damages to apples during the unloading from sizer.
Unitec is ready for the PMA Fresh Summit in Anaheim with a technological "fleet" capable of achieving further important new successes in a market in which they have already secured some important customers, including MORADA PRODUCE, OG PACKING, NORTHERN FRUIT (USA) and G.P. SANDHER, CRESTON VALLEY, JEALOUS FRUIT (CANADA).
Visit Unitec at PMA - Booth: 4158
For more information:
Phone: (+39) 0545 288884
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2017-10-31 Peru projects $260m in business deals for fruit & veg sector from PMA
- 2017-10-31 "Our momentum continues to move forward"
- 2017-10-30 Fresh Summit exhibitors donate more than 312,000 pounds of fresh produce
- 2017-10-27 Oneonta Starr Ranch Growers' JUICI™ apple sees increased US interest
- 2017-10-26 Jin Ju Wilder ‘humbled & eager’ to lead 2017-2018 PMA Board of Directors
- 2017-10-25 Innovations at PMA: American growers get extra value from their product
- 2017-10-24 Fresh Summit exhibitors earn honors
- 2017-10-20 Emerson launches new brand and shipment tracking app
- 2017-10-20 Preparing for new leadership West Pak Avocado debuts new campaign
- 2017-10-20 Children given final call on Sensory Experience Contest winners at PMA
- 2017-10-19 Sunkist citrus season begins at 2017 PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Guatemala will showcase its agricultural exports at the PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-19 Seasonal quartet of juices featured at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Oneonta’s JUICI™ apple to show star power at PMA
- 2017-10-18 Guatemala increases number of delegates by 75% to 80 members
- 2017-10-18 Wonderful Brands unite at PMA Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-18 Fox Solutions™ modifies pouch bagger to accommodate tree fruit
- 2017-10-17 Farmer’s Best exhibits for 21st year at Fresh Summit
- 2017-10-17 New veggies rooted in freshness
- 2017-10-17 Autumn Glory is making its annual debut at PMA Fresh Summit