The Mexican Association of Protected Horticulture has everything ready to celebrate the 2nd Agricultural Social Responsibility Symposium that will take place on March 11 and 12 of the current year.
The event aims to provide updated information on the most important issues in the field of Social Responsibility in order to strengthen the vegetable industry in Mexico.
Due to the situation caused by Covid-19, the event will be held online to provide 100 companies with new knowledge for their activity.
Topics to be addressed during the event program:
- Results of the working conditions of workers in export agriculture.
- Subcontracting of field workers and the formalization of the employment relationships.
- Sustainable innovation.
- System of good labor practices and decent work.
- Compliance with labor obligations in the T-MEC.
- Environmental legislation applicable in agriculture.
- General Description of FDA Requirements for Growing, Harvesting, Packing, and Storage of Fresh Agricultural Products.
- Regulation of labor intermediaries within the framework of the T-MEC.
- Labor contracts.
- Walmart Responsible Sourcing Management.
- Mandatory standards and policies for hiring personnel applicable to the agricultural sector.
- Agustin Escobar Latapi, Researcher at CIESAS
- Luz Maria Chombo Tovar, AHIFORES Certification Manager
- Lucia Trochez Ardila, Director, Future of Earth at C-MINDS
- Omar Estefan Fuentes, General Director of Health and Safety at Work of the STPS
- Cooper Swanson, Director - Latin America Responsible Sourcing Compliance at Walmart
- Francisco de Asis Picos, General Director of the company Asesorias & Proyectos, Soluciones Sustentables
- Mauricio Castelo, Produce Safety Expert, Division of Produce Safety U.S. FDA
- Norma Olmedo, Auditor, Instructor and Consultant.
- Gustavo Robles, Legal Advisor of the AMHPAC
- Aldo Mares, Vice President of Labor Welfare at CNA
Who can participate in the event?
This Symposium is mainly focused on Directors, Managers, Coordinators and Managers of the area of Social Responsibility of the agricultural sector. Expected participants are coming from different states of the Mexican Republic, in order to provide them with updated information on the most important issues in the field of Social Responsibility. They can apply what they have learned in their companies, thus strengthening and achieving a greater positioning of the company within the Mexican industry.
Space is limited at this event. Those interested in registering, click here.