The United Fresh Produce Association will kick-start the new year with unique programming beginning Tuesday, January 5, 2021. The United re-Fresh Experience is a series of 10 events taking place throughout January that will guide the industry through business strategies and objectives to meet the needs of the new reality.
“Despite the trials and tribulations across our supply chain in 2020, we’re ready to turn the corner to brighter days,” said Tom Stenzel, president and CEO of United Fresh. “The new United re-Fresh Experience will help companies and teams explore what new and innovative opportunities lie ahead in 2021.”
Ten sessions will bring together peers across the industry. Each experience has been developed to be able to learn from experts, but then also engage with other participants immediately in peer-to-peer break-out discussions.
“As the co-chair of the United re-Fresh Experience Advisory Committee, I can attest that our association has developed an experience that will help set your business on the right course in the new year,” said Kristen Reid, executive vice-president, MIXTEC Group. “My favorite part of the re-Fresh Experience is how interactive it is going to be. You can reconnect with old friends and make some new ones while you explore and challenge responses to the presented content.”
The United re-Fresh Experience will address:
- January 5: Strategic Thinking and Planning for a New Reality
- January 7: Finding Balance: Managing Remote and in-Person Work Environments for Success
- January 12: Managing Food Safety Through Disruption and Crisis
- January 13: Adjusting for Changing Shopper Behavior: The Dynamics of Sales & Marketing
- January 14: Sustainability: Building and Re-Building Initiatives Into Your Operations
- January 19: Creating Flexible Supply Chains to Withstand Future Challenges
- January 21: Saving Foodservice: Rebuilding the Restaurant and Hospitality Sector
- January 26: Online Produce Sales: Creating New Buying Experiences
- January 27: Building Success: Adopting Diversity and Equality into Corporate Culture
- January 28: Selfcare Strategies for Personal Well-Being in Stressful Times
“From diversity and inclusion to food safety, shopper marketing to rebuilding restaurant and hospitality, the United re-Fresh Experience touches on our most critical topics for the new year,” said Amanda Griffin, vice-president, education & program management for United Fresh. “I look forward to gathering with the industry in this unique way to advance business in a refreshed frame of mind.”
There are several ways to participate in the United re-Fresh Experience. Individuals can register a-la-carte for $100/session for United Fresh members ($150 for non-members). Companies and individuals can also purchase a United re-Fresh Experience 10-session package for $795 for United Fresh members ($1,095 for non-members). Sessions can be shared with peers, colleagues and teams based on content topics. Companies can also purchase United’s annual SmartPass Education Package which includes registration to the Association’s three annual events: the United re-Fresh Experience, the United Fresh Convention & Expo and the United Fresh Washington Conference.