FPC is hosting two Brexit briefings tailored for the UK fresh produce industry to help businesses prepare for the UK leaving the EU on 31 October 2019.
These one-day events are free to attend for any business involved supplying UK fresh produce, including fresh fruit, vegetables, cut flowers and also plants. Companies don’t need to be a member of FPC to attend, but individuals will need to register as places will be limited.
Join FPC on:
- Friday 25 October at the Kingsgate Conference Centre, Peterborough; or
- Monday 28 October at The Brewery, Chiswell Street, London.
“Whether you’re involved in importing from the EU or from elsewhere, producing in the UK or exporting, we will cover your business,” said Nigel Jenney, Chief Executive of the Fresh Produce Consortium. “This is your chance to check your understanding of changes to essential processes to continue to trade in the event of a no deal Brexit.”
Up-to-date advice will be given by a range of speakers from Government departments and agencies to cover what you need to know about:
- Customs registration, declarations and clearing consignments
- Tariffs and trade agreements
- Meeting plant health requirements and inspection for imports and exports
- Moving products between the UK and the Republic of Ireland
- Food safety and marketing standards
- Packaging, labelling and certification requirements
- Workforce and future immigration policy
- Future regulation.
For more information and to register for a free place at one of the briefings visit FPC’s website here.