The 2019-2020 orange crop forecast for São Paulo and west-southwest Minas Gerais citrus belt, published on May 10, 2019 by Fundecitrus in cooperation with Markestrat, FEA-RP/USP and FCAV/Unesp, is 388.89 million boxes (40.8 kg / 90 lb).
The total orange production includes:
• 76.97 mln boxes of the Hamlin, Westin and Rubi varieties;
• 116.20 mln boxes of the Pera Rio variety;
• 128.30 mln boxes of Valencia and Valencia Folha Murcha varieties;
• 47.67 mln boxes of the Natal variety;
• 19.75 mln boxes of Valencia Americana, Seleta and Pineapple varieties.
27.21 million boxes of the estimated production are expected to be produced in the Triângulo Mineiro. The projected figure is 36% above the previous one of 285.98 million boxes, and 21% larger than the average crop size for the last ten years.
The average yield per hectare in this crop season is estimated at 1,051 boxes per hectare and 2.24 boxes per tree, which represents an increase in comparison to the 756 boxes per hectare and 1.63 boxes per tree harvested in the 2018-2019 crop.