Chilean cherry export to has China officially started

The Chilean Cherry Export Association announced that the 2018/2019 Chilean cherry export season has officially started. The export volume in the first week of the season decreased by 79% in comparison with the same period last year.

China is still the main export market for Chilean cherries. Around 80% of the recently exported Chilean cherries is destined for China. The remaining 20% is exported to Brazil. The first shipment of Chilean cherries already arrived in Hong Kong on October 22nd. The overall production volume decreased by 20% in comparison with the same period last year and reached around 25-30 million boxes.

At the same time, the Chilean Fruit Exporters Association (ASOEX) also announced that they have officially started promotional activities in China.

Source: Chile Chinese Online


Publication date:



Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here


Other news in this sector:


Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber