- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES
- “By investing in the farm, we have more control of how things are done"
- "Having introduced the conventional bananas now in Sweden we are looking to introduce our brand into Europe”
- The popularity of a unique exotic fruit set to soar in Australia in coming seasons
- PolyNatural is moving to US to be close with clients from the apple and pear organic market
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Many changes for Macfrut2015
It will be the first edition held at the Rimini trade fair centre, organised, once again, by Cesena Fiera, spread over five pavilions (four dedicated to post-harvest and one to pre-harvest), hosting 11 exhibition sectors representing the entire fruit and vegetable supply chain (Seeds, Breeding & Nursery, Crop Technology, Production, Trading & Retail, Processing Machinery, Packaging materials, Fresh Cut, Dried Fruit Sector, Logistics, and Services), with a strong international appeal (400 new buyers from all over the world).
The three themes of the 2015 edition will be the following: internationalisation, innovation and the new supply chain segments.
Over the years, Macfrut has always been an international event. This edition has an even more ambitious goal: to attract 400 new buyers from all over the world. In particular, all efforts will be focused on two strategic areas: Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean Countries.
In particular, Eastern European countries will be playing a crucial role during the 2015 edition: the partnership with the leading Italian banking group at an international level: Unicredit. With a widespread presence throughout most eastern European countries, this bank will be Macfrut’s main sponsor and business partner. It will be a strategic partnership consisting of common initiatives, such as road shows presenting the trade fair in Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Turkey and Bulgaria. The aim of this agreement is to attract 200 new operators from these countries.
Simultaneously, Cesena Fiera will continue to extensively present Sub-Saharan African countries, with which important relationships have been established thanks to collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as in South America (especially Brazil). Moreover, cooperation has been confirmed between Unioncamere and the Emilia-Romagna Regional Administration to promote Macfrut 2015 throughout the Enterprise Network and Sprint network.
Great importance will be given to innovative products and projects thanks to a specific dedicated area.
The Macfrut award dedicated to innovation will also be allocated, with a special section dedicated to Green Economy.
Macfrut 2015 open to all segments of the supply chain
The new feature of the 2015 edition will be the involvement of innovative agricultural companies.
In Italy, thousands of companies are trying to find their way in this demanding and competitive sector and, without giving up, they have faced the challenges of recent years. Macfrut 2015 will also appeal to these companies, offering them an opportunity for discussion, where they can meet and make new contacts.
In order to encourage participation, 100 shuttle buses will be made available from the main production areas in Italy to allow 10,000 fruit and vegetable producers to reach the trade fair.
This edition will expand to include new exhibition sectors. The new sectors involved will be seeds, breeding & nursery, specialised mechanisation for fruit and vegetable growing, protected crops, irrigation and plant engineering.
A special mention goes to the dried and desiccated fruit sector, which is experiencing a period of great development, with an increase in quantity and quality, featuring Italy as an international leader.
Macfrut 2015: Forum
This event, focusing on current themes, trends in the sector and challenges, in which the protagonists of the fruit and vegetable sector can get together, is scheduled for the day preceding the start of the exhibition, Tuesday 22 September 2015, at the Conference Centre of Cesena Fiera. This event will be divided into three different thematic groups, each one involving the presentation of data, experiences and successful case studies.
Macfrut 2015 – Professional tour
Visitors will be able to experience four sectors “first-hand” by taking part in the professional tours scheduled during the days of the Macfrut event: field production, processing warehouses, fruit and vegetable markets and supermarkets. A simple, yet practical way of learning about the many excellent local companies in the fruit and vegetable sector.
Macfrut 2015 – Food & culture
The good food, vibrant culture and many entertainment opportunities offered by the Adriatic coast make Romagna an area in which culture, hospitality and good living come together.
During the three-day event, guests and other visitors will have the chance to book a tour in Cesena and the Romagna area, focusing on local food and wine, as well as culture.
For more information:
Alice Camellini / Luca Speroni
Macfrut c/o Fruitecom Srl
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 Trade fair implementation severely jeopardized due to current events
- 2022-01-17 "If all people play by the rules, it can work"
- 2022-01-14 Macfrut - bookings as expected
- 2022-01-10 Industry leaders to be honored at TIPA banquet
- 2022-01-07 Fruit Matchmaking Mexico-Europe to be held on January 19 and 20
- 2022-01-05 Ecuador will convene a Latin American banana summit on January 12
- 2022-01-05 Agritrade’s 20th edition will be an in-person event
- 2022-01-04 Valencia will host the I International Citrus Congress
- 2021-12-24 Happy Holidays from the FreshPlaza team!
- 2021-12-24 Happy Christmas from the FreshPlaza team!!
- 2021-12-20 "The Federal Association of Producer Organizations will not participate"
- 2021-12-17 Macfrut aims at the African continent
- 2021-12-17 Two content packed days for MedFEL
- 2021-12-15 The NovelFarm fair is to be held again in February
- 2021-12-13 Industry workshop in Spain showcases avocado meter
- 2021-12-09 Rectification of article on UK ethylene supplier
- 2021-12-08 VAM WaterTech present at Potato Expo 2022
- 2021-12-07 Futurpera - there's hope to relaunch the sector
- 2021-12-06 SwissCofel, VSGP, SOV and Swisspatat cancel Fruit Logistica participation
- 2021-12-01 London Produce Show to collaborate with the International Food & Drink Event in 2022