Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- Brazilian melon grower and exporter charters own boats to Europe
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
Bologna (Italy), 10-13 june 2015
International Symposium on the Bacterial Canker of Kiwifruit
Thus, we are proud to host the 2nd International Symposium on the Bacterial Canker of Kiwifruit. All the scientists interested in epidemiology, molecular biology and pathology of PSA are welcome to share their experiences.
The final goal of the symposium is a deeper understanding of the host-pathogen interactions towards new environmentally friendly and cost effective ways of fighting the disease.
The conference will encompass a range of topics that relate to Pseudomonas syringae pv. actinidiae (Psa) highlighting in particular the most recent developments in the following topics:
I. Germoplasm resources, plant resistance and breeding
II. Pathogen biology
III. Ecology and Epidemiology
IV. Plant-microbe interaction
V. Control strategies
VI. Methods and diagnosis
The Symposium will take place in Bologna at the Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine of the Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna.
The origin of the University of Bologna dates back to 1088 - the oldest University in the Western world. Today the Bologna University is split into 11 Schools and 33 Departments with more than 85000 students.
Wednesday 10 June. Registration in the afternoon, opening lecture and welcome cocktail
Thursday 11 June. Oral and poster sessions
Friday 12 June. Field and technical visit, Social Dinner
Saturday 13 June. Oral and poster sessions. Symposium conclusions
The official language of the meeting will be English.
Conference registration fees
Bologna has an airport with direct flights to most of the major cities around Europe. A dedicated Aerobus line as well as taxi services connect the airport to the Bologna city centre. (Warning: Citizens of some countries may require a Visa before entering Italy. Please check with the Italian Embassy in your country).
June may show high temperatures in Bologna, although cool days occur as well. Some rain is also possible.
Dr. Francesco Spinelli: Francesco.firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Guglielmo Costa: email@example.com
Organizing Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be defined
To be defined
To be defined
To be defined
Francesco Spinelli (University of Bologna - DipSA)
Irene Donati (University of Bologna - DipSA)
Giampaolo Buriani (University of Bologna - DipSA)
Antonio Cellini (University of Bologna - DipSA )
Enrico Biondi (University of Bologna - DipSA )
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-22 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-07-22 We will be back 8th August!
- 2022-07-21 IFPA chair previews Foodservice Conference
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022
- 2022-07-13 World Avocado Congress super early bird tickets available
- 2022-07-12 Australia leads the world in land area committed to organic farming
- 2022-07-12 Australian Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference begins in Victoria
- 2022-07-07 Sana 2022, organic and natural products fair has officially been announced
- 2022-07-06 More than 90 percent of exhibit space for CPMA 2023 sold out
- 2022-07-06 IFPA brings world-renowned chef to Global Produce & Floral Show
- 2022-07-06 Southern Innovations speaker lineup announced
- 2022-07-06 You can now check online which exhibitors have confirmed their participation in Fruit Attraction 2022 so far
- 2022-07-06 New version of International Blueberry Seminar started today in Trujillo
- 2022-07-06 Fruit Logistica 2023 exhibitor deadline is just around the corner
- 2022-07-04 Next generation: the stories of young farmers
- 2022-07-01 Record buyer attendance at foodservice conference includes school buyers
- 2022-07-01 Interpera 2022 sees the current challenges of the pear sector but believes in a brighter future
- 2022-06-29 IFPA Southern Africa Conference – The event for everyone in the fresh produce and floral industry
- 2022-06-28 Successful first day of the 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva
- 2022-06-28 Prognosfruit 2022 complete programme available