Top 5 -yesterday
- Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- Egyptian sweet potato season has become more challenging every year
- Taking a peek at the 2022-2023 Peruvian grape season
- Potato growers ask McCain Foods for 78% price increase
- "This is the first year in which we will no longer sell a single kilo of seeded grapes"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Schoeman Boerdery extends a hand to a hundred rural communities
- No workforce means that fruit remains on trees
- “Japanese market is very demanding when it comes to fruit quality”
- “Citrus from South Africa, Egypt, Morocco and Argentina are highly sought after in Baltic”
- Fate of South African oranges en route to Europe discussed at highest political levels
January 30- February 1, 2015
Georgia Watermelon Association annual meeting and Queen competition
The meeting offers several informative educational sessions for watermelon production. Continuing education credits are available. Additionally, a Georgia Watermelon Association Meeting with Rich Chastain, President, will also be held.
Other special events are planned for the conference as well. Friday afternoon is open to all attendees. Feel free to enjoy an afternoon of golf, clay and skeet shooting, or relaxing at the resort. A President's Welcome Reception with entertainment will be held on Friday evening at the resort.
Following the Saturday educational sessions the traditional Seed Spitting Contest will be held. Saturday afternoon wraps up with a lunch buffet, live auction and reception.
The event concludes Saturday evening with the much anticipated Watermelon Queen Contest and Dinner. The winner of the competition will represent Georgia's watermelon industry and Association in over 50 promotions during her reign as Georgia Watermelon Queen. She will be educating the consumers and media the importance of safe handling practices and preparation techniques.
Additionally, she will educate the consumers and media of the nutritional and economical value of watermelons.
For more information, please contact Charles Hall, Executive Director, Georgia Watermelon Association, P.O. Box 1109, LaGrange, GA, 30240, phone 877-994-3842 or fax 706-883-8215 or e-mail email@example.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-09 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-07-22 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-07-22 We will be back 8th August!
- 2022-07-21 IFPA chair previews Foodservice Conference
- 2022-07-15 Photo Report: Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference 2022
- 2022-07-13 World Avocado Congress super early bird tickets available
- 2022-07-12 Australia leads the world in land area committed to organic farming
- 2022-07-12 Australian Hydroponic Farmers Federation Conference begins in Victoria
- 2022-07-07 Sana 2022, organic and natural products fair has officially been announced
- 2022-07-06 More than 90 percent of exhibit space for CPMA 2023 sold out
- 2022-07-06 IFPA brings world-renowned chef to Global Produce & Floral Show
- 2022-07-06 Southern Innovations speaker lineup announced
- 2022-07-06 You can now check online which exhibitors have confirmed their participation in Fruit Attraction 2022 so far
- 2022-07-06 New version of International Blueberry Seminar started today in Trujillo
- 2022-07-06 Fruit Logistica 2023 exhibitor deadline is just around the corner
- 2022-07-04 Next generation: the stories of young farmers
- 2022-07-01 Record buyer attendance at foodservice conference includes school buyers
- 2022-07-01 Interpera 2022 sees the current challenges of the pear sector but believes in a brighter future
- 2022-06-29 IFPA Southern Africa Conference – The event for everyone in the fresh produce and floral industry
- 2022-06-28 Successful first day of the 7th International Berry Congress of Huelva