- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KIWIFRUIT MARKET
- “With our new sustainable packaging, we expect bagged apple sales to grow 50% this year”
- South African ginger market is white-hot
- The Washington Apple Commission takes the US Golden Delicious and Cripps Pink varieties to Colombia
- Turkish strawberry season started a month early due to hot weather
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Wim Moerdijk: "Calm week expected after huge Africa export"
Which way is the onion market going?
"Due to the lower prices and good quality a huge amount has been exported in the last couple weeks. The low price has been good for us, and actually a whole year with lower prices and good quality would be good for the sector. For a low price we could get rid of a lot of onions, but if the price goes up a little we could be left with too many onions," says Wim.
"For the growers especially the margins are under pressure right now. They are currently supplying below cost. For the trade sector there is a little bit more room, but I fear that we will end up like last year with a huge sorting capacity. I personally find it difficult to say which way the market will go."
For more information:
4455 TK Nieuwdorp
Tel: 0031 113-612845
Fax: 0031 113-612387
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-30 Nicaragua imports onions to stabilize prices
- 2015-09-22 All onion eyes on Victoria in October
- 2015-09-21 Egypt: Onion exports 19% up in first five months of 2015
- 2015-09-17 New season Queensland onions on shelves by October
- 2015-09-15 The onion market is like the AEX, with the right mood, it goes well
- 2015-09-15 Onion prices in the EU significantly higher than last year
- 2015-09-14 High export demand contributes to strong onion market
- 2015-09-10 California onion season winds down, Northwest ramps up
- 2015-09-09 "Onion sector to take technological turn over next few years"
- 2015-09-01 Health promoting compounds in local onions from Italy and Ukraine
- 2014-09-30 Panama could restrict imports of onions at harvest time
- 2014-09-30 Argentina: The area planted with garlic in Mendoza increased by 28%
- 2014-09-29 Gordon Ramsay uses massive Leicestershire onion to create an eye-watering dish
- 2014-09-25 Out with the old and in with the new season, fresh & mild Queensland onions
- 2014-09-22 New World’s Biggest Onion is an eye-watering sight
- 2014-09-19 Which way is the onion market going?
- 2014-09-18 Italy: Short day onions - good perspectives for the ongoing campaign
- 2014-09-16 Spain: Onion prices at origin drop as low as 5 cents per kilo
- 2014-09-15 Spain: Oversupply drives onion prices down 25%
- 2014-09-10 Tabaski festival will provide the necessary orders for onions