- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Want to grow your business?
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "We are the first organic citrus company to pack 100% without plastic"
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Biggest problem facing avocado sector in coming years will be supply, not demand
- Trellising in avocado orchards is “pushing the boundaries of production"
- The avocado industry has been going through a "golden era"
René Tiggelman, Van Langevelde Handelsmij:
Tabaski festival will provide the necessary orders for onions
"We are seeing Brazil on the market. Last year Brazil was nowhere to be found, but two years ago a lot was being exported there. With a low price you are more attractive. Onions are also going to the Far East. I think things will run smoothly for us over the next coming weeks," explains the exporter.
"I am also not pessimistic regarding sales, but the last two years it has been difficult to raise the price due to the large sorting capacity. The price level now differs sharply from last year. The bale price of seed onions is around 10/11 cents. In the last few years there has been less and less trade of red onions," says Rene.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-09-30 Nicaragua imports onions to stabilize prices
- 2015-09-22 All onion eyes on Victoria in October
- 2015-09-21 Egypt: Onion exports 19% up in first five months of 2015
- 2015-09-17 New season Queensland onions on shelves by October
- 2015-09-15 The onion market is like the AEX, with the right mood, it goes well
- 2015-09-15 Onion prices in the EU significantly higher than last year
- 2015-09-14 High export demand contributes to strong onion market
- 2015-09-10 California onion season winds down, Northwest ramps up
- 2015-09-09 "Onion sector to take technological turn over next few years"
- 2015-09-01 Health promoting compounds in local onions from Italy and Ukraine
- 2014-09-30 Panama could restrict imports of onions at harvest time
- 2014-09-30 Argentina: The area planted with garlic in Mendoza increased by 28%
- 2014-09-29 Gordon Ramsay uses massive Leicestershire onion to create an eye-watering dish
- 2014-09-25 Out with the old and in with the new season, fresh & mild Queensland onions
- 2014-09-22 New World’s Biggest Onion is an eye-watering sight
- 2014-09-19 Which way is the onion market going?
- 2014-09-18 Italy: Short day onions - good perspectives for the ongoing campaign
- 2014-09-16 Spain: Onion prices at origin drop as low as 5 cents per kilo
- 2014-09-15 Spain: Oversupply drives onion prices down 25%
- 2014-09-10 Tabaski festival will provide the necessary orders for onions