- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
11th-13th of June 2014
First ever Sial Asean food exhibition to be held in Manilla, Philippines
The Comexposium group is launching a new international Sial exhibition. Asean is a political, economic and cultural organization founded by five countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand) in 1967, in Bangkok, Thailand, to foster growth, development and stability in the region. It brings together 10 South East Asian countries (including Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Burma and Cambodia). A free trade area since 1993, with an average growth of 5.8% per year, Asean ranks no. 3 as a trading partner for the European Union, after the United States of America and China.
It is in this high-growth geographic region and in the Philippines, in particular, that the Comexposium group decided with its partners to create Sial Asean in Manila. Immersed in a western culture (Spain and the USA), the Philippines and Manila have substantial assets: the strong growth of ASEAN, i.e. +6.6% per year, 100 million inhabitants, no. 3 ASEAN food market and optimum conditions to welcome foreign travellers.
Asean is expanding fast thanks to the emergence of a middle class that is adopting western lifestyles and brands. The standard of living of some 618 million consumers is rocketing: Asean GDP per capita tripled between 1994 and 2011. Food, an essential component of the household budget (35% in Thailand, +40% in Indonesia and the Philippines, and 50% in Vietnam), represents a major share of GDP in the area (e.g. 13.5% in the Philippines).
For more information please visit the exhibition website, which is expected to come online shortly : www.sialasean.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Registration opens for apple conference
- 2022-05-17 Fresh Produce Consortium encourages broader international participation at FPC Fresh Awards 2022
- 2022-05-17 Macfrut speaks many foreign languages
- 2022-05-13 Global overproduction of ginger negatively affects Peruvian exports
- 2022-05-11 International Primeur magazine now available online
- 2022-05-11 Organic Produce Summit 2022 keynote announced
- 2022-05-11 4th banana fair to take place in Delfinópolis, Brazil
- 2022-05-11 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 medFEL 2022: the meeting for a 100% committed sector
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-10 Moroccan fresh produce aims to set new standards in exports
- 2022-05-09 6th Freskon to take place at the Thessaloniki International Exhibition Centre from 12 to 14 May
- 2022-05-06 IFPA announces emcee for Food as Medicine Summit
- 2022-05-05 CEA the focus of educational session at OPS 2022
- 2022-05-04 Table grape experts speak at Grape Quality Summit
- 2022-05-04 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-02 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 "Get ahead of the Future of Post-harvest"
- 2022-05-02 France: Fruit and vegetable sector pleased to meet up at medFEL 2022
- 2022-04-28 France: medFEL 2022 is underway!