- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
European Shimeji market tripled
EU: New Chinese Shimeji mushroom export combination formed
The main products these mushroom professionals are focusing on, are Chinese cultivated exotic mushrooms: brown Shimeji, white Shimeji, Enoki and Eryngii mushrooms. “The brown and white Shimeji is truly a beautiful, strong and tasteful product, that has to be eaten to be appreciated. Yet more and more consumers are eating this specialty mushroom, and appreciation and market acceptance are growing consistently. Under strict growing conditions, the crop follows a very natural development process, which produces a very healthy mushroom,” says Jasmine.
With Westland Mushrooms in Europe being a long-time standing partner for Shu, she decided to team up with a few former colleagues and create the new Shanghai Queen Sun Food Company. She considers this new venture “to be the best way to continue our market together with our customers. I like my job very much and have a lot of passion for what I am doing.” To maintain the same level of service customers are used to, and to create room to even improve further upon that, the best thing to do was to go independent.
“In China, the factory Esunyes is a very modern facility, which assures a stable supply and forms a strong financial partner. Thanks to meticulous management practices, the production and quality of Enoki and Eryngii mushrooms are continuously improved. Meanwhile more and more customers are now asking for them,” comments Harold. “This leads to the conviction that exotic mushrooms, being beautiful and nutritious foodstuff, will conquer their place at the European dinner tables for more and more families,” Jasmine summarizes. It’s with that vision in mind, that Schuurmans and Shu strive to continue to surprise their customers with professionalism in dealing with mushrooms.
While Jasmine Shu takes care of the supply from China, Harold Schuurmans is responsible for further distribution in Europe via the Westland Mushrooms network. There are cultivated mushrooms shipped by container to Holland every week and delivered fresh to clients every day. Christmas is fast approaching and there is enough volume for customers.
For more information:
Westland Mushrooms BV.
Shanghai Queen Sun Food Co.,Ltd.
Tel: 0086 1592 174 3790
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Vegetable prices high in Kolkata
- 2022-01-18 Prices of vegetables soar in Mangaluru due to heavy rains
- 2022-01-18 Desk salads struck by worst inflation in US - Romaine prices up 61%
- 2022-01-18 Colorful pallet of vegetables in the spotlight
- 2022-01-18 "We can't seem to get carrots prices up"
- 2022-01-18 "After a bumpy start, the Egyptian spring onion season is now slowly gaining momentum"
- 2022-01-18 ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- 2022-01-18 Ghana farmers get support to boost tomato production
- 2022-01-18 “Demand for Chinese cabbages is at a high point”
- 2022-01-18 New UK season of forced rhubarb
- 2022-01-18 Highest level of inflation in Poland in 21 years
- 2022-01-18 Pakistan: tomato price disparities expose supply chain flaws
- 2022-01-18 Philippines: Vegetable smuggling is affecting Benguet farmers
- 2022-01-17 Maharashtra: Erratic weather expected to reduce tomato, onion and potato yields
- 2022-01-17 "If you want to make a true difference, you have to take the time to show how great chicory is"
- 2022-01-17 "We are not going to allow a single industrial tomato contract to be signed below € 105 per ton"
- 2022-01-17 "Excessive speculation with garlic causes unnecessary market disruptions"
- 2022-01-17 "Import volume of Egyptian organic pumpkins can be expected to increase by 400 tons"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese garlic price likely to remain stable in the near future, but Spanish garlic has a huge impact on Chinese garlic export"
- 2022-01-17 AUSVEG CEO raises key issues affecting vegetable and potato growers