- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Prices in Turkey are changing drastically from day to day"
- ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- Vertical Future raises £21 million to stabilize production in the UK
- Pricing strong--and possibly strengthening--on onions
- “There’s a high demand from China for Egyptian oranges, especially for Valencia”
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
EU: Poor pea and bean crop yields
for peas and beans – two key crops for the sector.
While the pea crop for important producing areas in Belgium, Netherlands and France
was down 5 to 10% on forecasts, the UK, Europe’s largest pea producing area, was
particularly badly hit with a 35% shortfall.
Beans were also severely affected with Belgium and the UK down 20 to 25%, France and the Netherlands down 10 to 15% on forecasts due to problems with drilling earlier this season, and generally lower yields.
UK brassica crops are in short supply as the fresh market takes up the volumes, and root crops are smaller than average years. Germany and Poland report normal campaigns.
In addition to industry concerns over quantities, the sector’s prospects for next year are subdued as exceptionally high cereal prices are felt on contracts, and competition for agricultural land with other crops increases.
For more information:
Tel: +32 2 740 29 68
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-18 Vegetable prices high in Kolkata
- 2022-01-18 Prices of vegetables soar in Mangaluru due to heavy rains
- 2022-01-18 Desk salads struck by worst inflation in US - Romaine prices up 61%
- 2022-01-18 ALDI shopper encounters unwelcome guest in her broccoli
- 2022-01-18 Ghana farmers get support to boost tomato production
- 2022-01-18 “Demand for Chinese cabbages is at a high point”
- 2022-01-18 "We can't seem to get carrots prices up"
- 2022-01-18 "After a bumpy start, the Egyptian spring onion season is now slowly gaining momentum"
- 2022-01-18 New UK season of forced rhubarb
- 2022-01-18 Highest level of inflation in Poland in 21 years
- 2022-01-18 Colorful pallet of vegetables in the spotlight
- 2022-01-18 Pakistan: tomato price disparities expose supply chain flaws
- 2022-01-18 Philippines: Vegetable smuggling is affecting Benguet farmers
- 2022-01-17 Maharashtra: Erratic weather expected to reduce tomato, onion and potato yields
- 2022-01-17 "We are not going to allow a single industrial tomato contract to be signed below € 105 per ton"
- 2022-01-17 "The consumption of sweet corn has evolved in recent decades and every year it rises in all countries"
- 2022-01-17 "If you want to make a true difference, you have to take the time to show how great chicory is"
- 2022-01-17 "Import volume of Egyptian organic pumpkins can be expected to increase by 400 tons"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese garlic price likely to remain stable in the near future, but Spanish garlic has a huge impact on Chinese garlic export"
- 2022-01-17 AUSVEG CEO raises key issues affecting vegetable and potato growers