- Head of Sales
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Key Account / Sales manager Fruit - DACH
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
- Sales specialist Vertical Farming North America / Europe
- Key Account Manager | Fresh Produce | Hamburg
- International Business Developer Indoor Farming
- Sales & Product Development Coordinator - Thornlands (QLD) Australia
- Sales Person
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First Ohio grown Tomz snacking tomatoes picked
“Every flavor provides a sensory experience that distinguishes itself”, stated Chris Veillon, Director of Marketing. “A tomato’s flavor is a consumer’s most immediate and visceral experience with the variety. NatureFresh Farms developed its Tomz Snacking Tomatoes to meet consumer expectations that when they enjoy a snacking tomato in July, October, or February, that the flavor is plentiful and consistent each and every time. Why? Because the same grower produced that same tomato from the same farm regardless of the season”, said Veillon.
Customers this winter will enjoy an extensive variety of NatureFresh Farms Ohio grown tomatoes that include red, yellow, orange grape tomatoes, red cherry tomatoes, sweet red cocktail tomatoes, and mixed medley tomatoes. All snacking tomatoes are being packed under the Tomz snacking tomato brand.
NatureFresh has already been shipping their OhioRed Tomatoes On The Vine since last February and will begin shipping OhioRed Roma and OhioRed Beefsteak tomatoes later this winter.
NatureFresh Farms unveiled its new Ohio Proud themed Tomz top seal packaging at PMA Fresh Summit in Orlando in October and was met with rave reviews. By transitioning to top seal packaging, NatureFresh is reducing the plastic content of its packages by up to 25%. High impact creative across all products enhance the packaging presentation with specific call outs to support the State of Ohio Department of Agriculture “Ohio Proud” program and grown in the USA creative.
“We want to ensure that consumers clearly understand that this product is grown in Ohio”, said Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. NatureFresh included a USA flag in the creative and increased the font size of the country of origin to avoid any confusion on store shelves of where the product was grown.
“Growing our tomatoes year-round in Ohio significantly reduces the food miles that the product must travel to store level. We are increasing shelf life by picking the fruit off the vine at a later color stage to ensure we deliver maximum flavor”, said Wowryk.
NatureFresh Farms is in the midst of a major expansion in Ohio with up to 180 acres of year-round production planned for the Delta facility. Phase 1 (15.30 acres) + 2 (15.30 acres) have been completed to date with Phase 3 (15.30 acres) to be completed in December brings the total of new construction to 45 acres in the last 12 months. With an abundance of off peak power available from the grid, NatureFresh is using High Pressure Sodium lighting to supplement its growing practices to be able to grow year-round in Delta.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-17 Maharashtra: Erratic weather expected to reduce tomato, onion and potato yields
- 2022-01-17 "If you want to make a true difference, you have to take the time to show how great chicory is"
- 2022-01-17 "We are not going to allow a single industrial tomato contract to be signed below € 105 per ton"
- 2022-01-17 "Excessive speculation with garlic causes unnecessary market disruptions"
- 2022-01-17 "Import volume of Egyptian organic pumpkins can be expected to increase by 400 tons"
- 2022-01-17 "Chinese garlic price likely to remain stable in the near future, but Spanish garlic has a huge impact on Chinese garlic export"
- 2022-01-17 AUSVEG CEO raises key issues affecting vegetable and potato growers
- 2022-01-17 "The consumption of sweet corn has evolved in recent decades and every year it rises in all countries"
- 2022-01-14 "Dithmarschen offers optimal conditions for summer broccoli and cauliflower cultivation"
- 2022-01-14 Young Guyanese to tap into multi-billion-dollar vegetable market
- 2022-01-14 "No more winter peaks or summer dips"
- 2022-01-14 Grower-shipper expands Caborca, Mexico asparagus deal
- 2022-01-14 US: Retail prices for collard greens fall during holiday seasons even as demand rises
- 2022-01-14 Russian Federation allows tomato & pepper imports from 10 Uzbek companies
- 2022-01-14 Georgia imported record volume of tomatoes in December 2021
- 2022-01-14 New project aims for more pest-resilient food options in Bangladesh and the Philippines
- 2022-01-14 Value of Irish horticulture exports up by 14% in 2021
- 2022-01-14 Green zucchini prices on the up after the holidays, bell pepper prices stable
- 2022-01-14 "Spanish green beans are currently fetching good prices"
- 2022-01-14 Microgreens: the future of agriculture?