- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Team Leader - Quarantine Greenhouse - Netherlands/German border area
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Carrefour introduces food delivery app in Romania
Lidl: Belgium expansion
Underlining the growing importance of delivery options in the country where Drive (click and collect) has historically dominated, Auchan has said it has added eight new cities where shoppers can have orders delivered. This means Auchan shoppers in 12 cities in France, which covers about one third of the population, can have orders delivered to them. Delivery costs between €5 to €15 and requires shoppers to spend a minimum of €50.
Germany: Aldi Süd's reusable packaging saves 60mln cardboard boxes
German discounter Aldi Süd said that its reusable packaging boxes have saved it 60mln cardboard boxes for transporting fruit and vegetables last year. Since the introduction of its reusable boxes in 2010, it has saved a total of over 380mln boxes of cardboard which would have been disposed as waste, according to Aldi Süd. A recent study by the Fraunhofer Institute for Environmental, Safety and Energy Technology UMSICHT confirmed the ecological benefits of Aldi employing reusable boxes. The study concluded that Aldi Süd and its fruit and veg suppliers were able to save more than 24,000 tonnes of CO2 equivalents and more over 30,000 tonnes of cardboard.
Carrefour launches food delivery app in Romania
French group Carrefour, one of the top retailers in Romania, has launched a food delivery app called Gurmandio. This is the first such app developed by a retailer in Romania, according to Carrefour. The app allows users to order food from the gastronomy department of Carrefour hypermarkets as well as from other local restaurants. Delivery is free of charge and users can pay cash, by credit card or with meal vouchers.
Interspar named Austria's top supermarket in customer satisfaction survey
Interspar has received the highest satisfaction rating among traditional supermarkets in Austria, according to a recent survey. A customer satisfaction evaluation by the Austrian Association for Consumer Studies (ÖGVS) rated almost 2,000 companies on a 10-point scale, with Interspar scoring the highest among traditional supermarkets, at 7.77 points. Including all categories, the retailer ranked at 76th place.
Lidl to expand in Belgium
Lidl has announced plans to invest €35mln to add three new stores in 2018 in the Brussels area. The stores, in Anderlecht, Molenbeek and Schaarbeek, are part of the retailer’s aim to open 10 new stores in the country and update a further 10 annually in the medium term.
Germany’s retail sales fall unexpectedly in January
Germany’s retail sales declined unexpectedly in January, figures from Destatis showed. Retail sales decreased 0.7% month-on-month in January, confounding expectations for an increase of 0.7%. Sales had fallen 1.1% in December. Sale of food, beverages and tobacco climbed 1% and that of non-food products advanced 3%.
Aldi appoints new UK & Ireland CEO
The discounter has promoted Giles Hurley to the position of UK & Ireland chief executive, as Matthew Barnes is set to take up a new role for parent company Aldi Süd. Giles Hurley is set to replace Matthew Barnes as the discounter’s UK and Ireland chief executive on May 1st. Hurley has been with the retailer for nearly 20 years, having previously acted as trading director, group buying director and most recently joint managing director since 2015.
US: Price Rite updating area grocery stores to stay competitive
Price Rite Marketplace is rebranding several of its Connecticut stores, including its locations in Bridgeport and Danbury, to make them easier to navigate and to better compete with other grocery chains. “We thought it was the perfect time to take what we do best and make it even better,” said Jim Dorey, who was recently promoted to president at the Keasbey, New Jersey-based chain.
US: Shipt launches same-day delivery in Hampton Roads metro area, expands in Richmond
Shipt, a leading online marketplace, announced that they will begin same-day delivery of an assortment of groceries and home essentials with three major retailers. Beginning March 15, 2018, Shipt will deliver from Target, Lidl, and Kroger stores to the Hampton Roads, VA metro area. On the same day, Shipt will expand their existing retail offerings in Richmond, VA by adding same-day delivery from Target.
Comps, earnings rise for Publix in Q4
Comparable store sales increased for Publix in the fourth quarter, while earnings received a windfall from the recent tax reform act. Publix’s sales for the fourth quarter of 2017, a 13-week period, were $8.9bln, a 2.1% decrease from last year’s $9.1bln, a 14-week period. Comparable store sales for the fourth quarter of 2017 increased 3.2%. Sales for the fiscal year were $34.6bln, a 1.6% increase from last year’s $34bln. Comparable store sales for 2017 increased 1.7%.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 Ocado: confident about prospects for 2019
- 2018-12-14 Costco: Q1 results reveal strong start to its new financial year
- 2018-12-13 Sainsbury's and Asda asked for a delay in the competition inquiry
- 2018-12-13 Walmart: Flippy the robot
- 2018-12-12 Walmart: 1st e-commerce store in Japan
- 2018-12-12 Hy-Vee: innovative new concept store
- 2018-12-11 Crai Secom and D.IT launch new retail distribution group
- 2018-12-11 Amazon targets airports for checkout-free store expansion
- 2018-12-10 Carrefour launches new store concept
- 2018-12-10 E-mart US buys supermarket operator in 1st acquisition of an overseas firm
- 2018-12-07 Carrefour ends Easy chain
- 2018-12-07 C&S Wholesale Grocers to acquire Olean Wholesale
- 2018-12-06 Carrefour: world’s first sail-thru supermarket in Dubai
- 2018-12-06 Dollar General: fresh produce planned in more stores in 2019
- 2018-12-05 Colruyt is testing in-store vertical farming cultivation
- 2018-12-05 Walmart and Brain: self-driving floor-cleaning robots in stores
- 2018-12-04 Target partners with Metro AG on startup accelerator programme
- 2018-12-04 Coborn's to buy Hornbacher's supermarkets from UNFI/Supervalu
- 2018-12-03 Tesco and VW: free electric car charging points planned
- 2018-12-03 Albertsons' Safeway repurchased notes to end default claim