- Business Development Manager
- Breeding Trial Specialist
- Farm Manager Abu ADhabi
- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "The fertilizer industry is at a turning point"
- From the ripe revolution of avocados to expansion into mangos
- AAA Growers' first sea freight avocados selling well in Dubai market
- Sri Lankan coconut coir exporter to double berry farms in Mexico
- China’s lockdowns force fruit exporters to divert to Southeast Asia
Top 5 -last month
Innovations in Fresh-cut bananas at Fruit Logistica
With the fresh-cut fruit segment continuing to grow globally, the concept of adding bananas to the mix has been an attractive one for retailers but, until recently, difficult to achieve. To meet this demand, Food Freshly last year launched O Plus Ultra-7, a nature-based freshness retainer for bananas that is making fresh-sliced banana snacks a reality.
O Plus Ultra-7 is a Freshness Retainer made up of Vitamins and minerals developed to prevent the browning of fresh-cut bananas. By dipping the banana slices into O Plus Ultra-7 solution the natural characteristics are retained without influencing the taste. The product does not contain sulphites, allergens or GMO.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “In the past, chemicals like L-Cysteine have been outlined in scientific literature as preventing browning in fresh-cut bananas. However, substances containing sulphite are not permitted for use in the EU and are not approved by US FDA for fresh-cut fruits. Therefore we are especially proud to have found a solution that fully complies with all major food legislations.”
Within the first 6 months after the introduction of O Plus Ultra-7, the product has been sampled across the globe and first customers are ready to take sliced bananas to the shelves.
At the upcoming Fruit Logistica 2017, Food Freshly will showcase a variety of fruit snacks that contain fresh-cut bananas to give customers an idea of how fresh-cut bananas can be easily added to existing programs. The fruit snacks use a standard air-tight plastic container that is easily applied and prevents oxygen from spoiling the fruits.
As a company, FOOD freshly® helps fresh-cut processors grow their sales by launching new, innovative fresh-cut products. Along with naturally flavoured apples, fresh-cut bananas are the next useful step in helping fruit processors expand their market share and to grow their business.
FOOD freshly® will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For further technical information, test reports, and samples please contact:
Food Freshly AFC GmbH
Tel: +49 521 96878715
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-04-15 PHOTO REPORT Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-04-15 "The right approach at trade fairs is to listen"
- 2022-04-14 The absence of many Italian and Spanish companies and buyers was felt at Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-04-14 European success for Central American fresh fruit and vegetable companies in Berlin
- 2022-04-13 SAMBOA the new brand for the 3 apple-sister varieties Luiza, Venice and Isadora
- 2022-04-11 FL 2022 - 2000 exhibitors and 40,000 visitors
- 2022-04-08 Pink Lady highlights future projects at Fruit Logistica
- 2022-04-08 'Digital risk management can improve efficiency'
- 2022-04-07 Haith launches its Pro-Line Solution at Fruit Logistica 2022
- 2022-04-04 Miss Tata travels to Berlin to boost Portuguese potato exports
- 2022-04-04 Dole seeks to “raise the bar” with launch of specialist division
- 2022-04-01 Argos to showcase its sustainable assortment at Fruit Logistica
- 2022-04-01 Top tomato collections, new varieties, and new developments
- 2022-04-01 DeltaTrak introduces new Maritime and Claims Support Service
- 2022-03-31 Scotts look to step into the global fruit and vegetable processing, pre-cleaning market
- 2022-03-31 Ghanaian sugarloaf pineapple will feature at Fruit Logistica
- 2022-03-31 Sormac presents new potato halving and carrot peeler machines at Fruit Logistica
- 2022-03-31 Camposol will focus on strengthening cooperation with year-round supply programs of avocados and blueberries
- 2022-03-30 AgroFresh to showcase produce freshness innovations in Berlin
- 2022-03-30 ImpacTrack can be housed in carrier shells mimicking 32 different items of fresh produce