- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Chief Executive Officer
- Greenhouse grower / production manager
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Innovations in Fresh-cut bananas at Fruit Logistica
With the fresh-cut fruit segment continuing to grow globally, the concept of adding bananas to the mix has been an attractive one for retailers but, until recently, difficult to achieve. To meet this demand, Food Freshly last year launched O Plus Ultra-7, a nature-based freshness retainer for bananas that is making fresh-sliced banana snacks a reality.
O Plus Ultra-7 is a Freshness Retainer made up of Vitamins and minerals developed to prevent the browning of fresh-cut bananas. By dipping the banana slices into O Plus Ultra-7 solution the natural characteristics are retained without influencing the taste. The product does not contain sulphites, allergens or GMO.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “In the past, chemicals like L-Cysteine have been outlined in scientific literature as preventing browning in fresh-cut bananas. However, substances containing sulphite are not permitted for use in the EU and are not approved by US FDA for fresh-cut fruits. Therefore we are especially proud to have found a solution that fully complies with all major food legislations.”
Within the first 6 months after the introduction of O Plus Ultra-7, the product has been sampled across the globe and first customers are ready to take sliced bananas to the shelves.
At the upcoming Fruit Logistica 2017, Food Freshly will showcase a variety of fruit snacks that contain fresh-cut bananas to give customers an idea of how fresh-cut bananas can be easily added to existing programs. The fruit snacks use a standard air-tight plastic container that is easily applied and prevents oxygen from spoiling the fruits.
As a company, FOOD freshly® helps fresh-cut processors grow their sales by launching new, innovative fresh-cut products. Along with naturally flavoured apples, fresh-cut bananas are the next useful step in helping fruit processors expand their market share and to grow their business.
FOOD freshly® will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For further technical information, test reports, and samples please contact:
Food Freshly AFC GmbH
Tel: +49 521 96878715
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-28 Fruit Logistica 2020 photo report
- 2020-02-25 CIV showcased apple, pear and strawberry varieties
- 2020-02-24 "More qualitative, targeted exchanges this year"
- 2020-02-17 "We have created a fast and efficient translating head system"
- 2020-02-14 More than 100 international colleagues attended annual global Kanzi meeting
- 2020-02-13 "From an excellent brand, to a great national brand of reference in apple-based products"
- 2020-02-12 Fruit Logistica records 72,000 visitors for its 2020 exhibition
- 2020-02-11 Polish Berry Cooperative celebrate fifth Fruit Logistica anniversary
- 2020-02-11 Next generation potatoes presented at Fruit Logistica
- 2020-02-10 YOOM™ tomato wins Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2020
- 2020-02-07 Emerson incorporates 4G/Cat-M Technology into next generation GO Real-Time Tracker
- 2020-02-06 SYMACH introduces the new generation of palletizing
- 2020-02-05 "Increasing demand for highly automated complete solutions in the packaging sector"
- 2020-02-04 Un Sacco Green bag showcased in Berlin
- 2020-02-03 Start-up introducing a revolutionary automatic QC and data analytics platform
- 2020-02-03 Ecuador to launch 'Premium and sustainable' brand
- 2020-01-31 "We are excited to showcase the CPMA Waste Efficiency Tool, among other things"
- 2020-01-31 Lower Italian kiwi production creates opportunities for Greece
- 2020-01-30 Ethylene management products provide solutions for ripening and degreening
- 2020-01-30 Moldova brings 16 fruit producers and exporters to Berlin