- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Trader Fruit - Rungis (France)
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
- Big merger in Dutch tomato industry annulled
- Blueberry oversupply hurts Australian farmers
- Price reduction in retail increases drug smuggling in bananas
- Government shutdown and the border wall - a South Texas perspective
- South Africa: late Orange River season reduces amount of grapes for Chinese New Year
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Innovations in Fresh-cut bananas at Fruit Logistica
With the fresh-cut fruit segment continuing to grow globally, the concept of adding bananas to the mix has been an attractive one for retailers but, until recently, difficult to achieve. To meet this demand, Food Freshly last year launched O Plus Ultra-7, a nature-based freshness retainer for bananas that is making fresh-sliced banana snacks a reality.
O Plus Ultra-7 is a Freshness Retainer made up of Vitamins and minerals developed to prevent the browning of fresh-cut bananas. By dipping the banana slices into O Plus Ultra-7 solution the natural characteristics are retained without influencing the taste. The product does not contain sulphites, allergens or GMO.
Benjamin Singh, Director of Technical Sales at Food Freshly, said: “In the past, chemicals like L-Cysteine have been outlined in scientific literature as preventing browning in fresh-cut bananas. However, substances containing sulphite are not permitted for use in the EU and are not approved by US FDA for fresh-cut fruits. Therefore we are especially proud to have found a solution that fully complies with all major food legislations.”
Within the first 6 months after the introduction of O Plus Ultra-7, the product has been sampled across the globe and first customers are ready to take sliced bananas to the shelves.
At the upcoming Fruit Logistica 2017, Food Freshly will showcase a variety of fruit snacks that contain fresh-cut bananas to give customers an idea of how fresh-cut bananas can be easily added to existing programs. The fruit snacks use a standard air-tight plastic container that is easily applied and prevents oxygen from spoiling the fruits.
As a company, FOOD freshly® helps fresh-cut processors grow their sales by launching new, innovative fresh-cut products. Along with naturally flavoured apples, fresh-cut bananas are the next useful step in helping fruit processors expand their market share and to grow their business.
FOOD freshly® will exhibit at Fruit Logistica 2017 in Berlin from 8-10 February in Hall 10.1, Stand A-05.
For further technical information, test reports, and samples please contact:
Food Freshly AFC GmbH
Tel: +49 521 96878715
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-16 StePac steps up to growing demand for automation with leaner packaging and less waste
- 2019-01-16 Interko upgrades coolers for Ultimo fruit ripening rooms
- 2019-01-15 From edible spoons to mini pointed cabbage
- 2019-01-15 Laser Food launches ‘Natural Branding vs Burnt Skin’ campaign
- 2019-01-14 Ilapak and Sarco Packaging see rapid growth in fresh fruit and vegetable market
- 2019-01-14 Avocado Pitter mod. KAV2: a revolutionary machine that minimizes operating costs
- 2019-01-11 Denbi assists black farmers in successful new asparagus partnership
- 2019-01-11 Sorma Group to launch artificial vision system
- 2019-01-10 Special event for agri-women during Fruit Logistica
- 2019-01-10 BayWa Global Produce and partners make first joint trade fair presentation
- 2019-01-10 Boix will to present punnet solution and version 3 of Q-1500 tray forming machine
- 2019-01-09 “Industry 4.0” solutions and a thermal washing process
- 2019-01-09 “Love Beets has become one of our global brands"
- 2019-01-08 Festive commissioning of the 100th Tramper S-360 tray sealing line
- 2019-01-08 Packaging Automation exhibit eco-friendly machines that will increase productivity
- 2019-01-07 Rijk Zwaan focuses on innovating for sustainability
- 2019-01-07 One stop service from procurement to market
- 2019-01-04 Longer lasting, better colored bananas thanks to stand system
- 2019-01-03 Fully biodegradable and recyclable packaging presented in Berlin
- 2019-01-02 Canada returns to Berlin in February