- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
- Chief Commercial Officer - Las Vegas (Nevada) USA
- Sales Executive
- Retail Sales Manager - Remote position, most likely located in the US
Top 5 -last week
- Myanmar avocados trial in the UK
- Blueberry grower alleges United Exports claimed royalties on unregistered varieties
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL KAKI MARKET
- Destruction of vegetables in Almería due to the fall in prices this past week
- “The full weight of the ‘shared responsibility’ falls on the banana producers”
Top 5 -last month
'Polish organic vegetable production growth highest in Europe'
Gulczyński said that, although most of their production is sent out for the domestic market, they are always looking to enter new markets, Europe in particular. Along with carrots, the company also produces leeks, onions and red beets.
Polfarm recently expanded their carrot handling facility with a custom-built washing, grading and processing line, which has meant that they are able to handle 40 tonnes of carrots per hour. As a result, they are able to send out 12 trucks of carrots daily.
"We have a large industrial ozone installation and use the ozone water to wash all of our vegetables. Washing the vegetables in this way keeps all of the germs, viruses and bacteria away and increases the shelf life. We are proud to say that we are the only growers in Poland using this system at the moment. In addition, we also use hydro-cooling units which also increases the shelf-life and we don't add any chemicals to the water. Food safety is really important to us." shared Gulczyński.
Although conventional carrots remain the bulk of the business, Polfarm also offers small quantities of rainbow and bio carrots.
"We are definitely interested in increasing our organic production. I have heard that, although organic production is currently one of the smallest in Europe, the rate of growth is the highest, so I think that if this growth continues, we will be one of the largest producers in Europe. It is growing very rapidly." said Gulczyński.
Demand for organics in Poland is increasing and a lot of the supermarkets have been introducing new products, which is increasing customer awareness.
For more information:
Tel: +48 604 444 503
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-11-27 Low supplies and high prices on cauliflower
- 2020-11-27 Arequipa concentrates 68% of Peru's garlic production
- 2020-11-27 "Dry weather has significantly affected Belgian root crop yields"
- 2020-11-27 Philippines: Department of Agriculture predicts normal vegetable supply in December
- 2020-11-27 Radicchio season in full swing in Veneto
- 2020-11-27 Porcini mushroom sales on the up
- 2020-11-27 "The shortage of Spanish garlic has been accentuated by abundant speculation"
- 2020-11-27 New peppers: All the sweet and none of the heat
- 2020-11-26 Jordan: Agriculture sector produces 1.7 million tons of vegetables per year
- 2020-11-26 Enza Zaden launches first white asparagus variety
- 2020-11-26 Welsh microgreens company expands into England
- 2020-11-26 “Fewer Belgian carrots grubbed this year”
- 2020-11-26 Illinois, home of two processing plants, leads U.S. pumpkin production
- 2020-11-26 Almeria eggplant prices plunged in November
- 2020-11-26 Greece: One Santorini man is turning to tourists to save the tomato industry
- 2020-11-26 "Once the cold weather really hits the EU. garlic stocks will soon be gone"
- 2020-11-26 Fresh mushroom demand is up and expected to stay up in 2021
- 2020-11-25 Frauds in the indication of origin of Moroccan fruit and vegetable products reach Brussels
- 2020-11-25 "We were able to create a professional production base through cooperation"
- 2020-11-25 Stable sales at moderate prices for artichokes