- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
- Corporate Account Manager - Chilliwack (BC) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Walmart: $10bln surprise after buying Flipkart
- Kenyan avocado season has mixed results depending on variety
- "Ceremony held for first shipment of cold-treatment-free cherries from Izmir, Turkey"
- "If you do not have IP amongst your offering you will quickly lose relevance in the market"
Top 5 -last month
'Polish organic vegetable production growth highest in Europe'
Gulczyński said that, although most of their production is sent out for the domestic market, they are always looking to enter new markets, Europe in particular. Along with carrots, the company also produces leeks, onions and red beets.
Polfarm recently expanded their carrot handling facility with a custom-built washing, grading and processing line, which has meant that they are able to handle 40 tonnes of carrots per hour. As a result, they are able to send out 12 trucks of carrots daily.
"We have a large industrial ozone installation and use the ozone water to wash all of our vegetables. Washing the vegetables in this way keeps all of the germs, viruses and bacteria away and increases the shelf life. We are proud to say that we are the only growers in Poland using this system at the moment. In addition, we also use hydro-cooling units which also increases the shelf-life and we don't add any chemicals to the water. Food safety is really important to us." shared Gulczyński.
Although conventional carrots remain the bulk of the business, Polfarm also offers small quantities of rainbow and bio carrots.
"We are definitely interested in increasing our organic production. I have heard that, although organic production is currently one of the smallest in Europe, the rate of growth is the highest, so I think that if this growth continues, we will be one of the largest producers in Europe. It is growing very rapidly." said Gulczyński.
Demand for organics in Poland is increasing and a lot of the supermarkets have been introducing new products, which is increasing customer awareness.
For more information:
Tel: +48 604 444 503
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-16 "Chinese ginger prices stay high, Dutch traders turn to South American product"
- 2019-07-16 Cucumber market up as some regions experience issues
- 2019-07-16 Summer campaign promotes blending mushrooms and veal
- 2019-07-16 The future of sustainable vegetable varieties
- 2019-07-16 "Organic and conventional productions shouldn't be combined"
- 2019-07-16 Australia: Packing shed to install blemish, colour and weight tomato recognition system
- 2019-07-16 “If customers order a lorry of chicory at 7 am, it’ll be ready for them by 2 pm”
- 2019-07-15 Mustard, broccoli and cabbage - protein responsible for bitter taste revealed
- 2019-07-15 It looks like a watermelon, but tastes like a cucumber
- 2019-07-15 "For chicory, alternative packaging is not an option"
- 2019-07-15 Behr AG launches new product line: 'Dampfgenuss'
- 2019-07-15 Green onion production gathering pace in Ohio
- 2019-07-15 California: Inconsistent lettuce production elevating market
- 2019-07-15 India: Tomato prices tripling in Mumbai
- 2019-07-15 Española chile pepper: The first fruiting plant NASA will grow in space
- 2019-07-15 China: Slight rise in vegetable prices due to poor weather conditions
- 2019-07-15 Egyptian garlic season ending - slow season in Europe
- 2019-07-15 MIT team draws on cucumbers to develop surprisingly strong artificial muscles
- 2019-07-15 “After years of explosive growth, Dutch parsnip market is now stabilising”
- 2019-07-12 China: Pumpkin prices vary considerably