- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"Luscious Fresh: "We expect to export 400 tons"
China: Start of sugar snap, snow pea export season to Europe
“There are two moments a year when we supply the European market: from the end of April until the beginning of June and from October until Christmas. The other months there is sufficient local supply and supply from Egypt. This season we added a third term by successfully launching export to the UK from the end of January until mid-March.”
“At the moment we are busy preparing the upcoming export season. The European market is one of the most demanding markets in the world regarding food safety and quality. We realised that if we want to succeed on the European market, we had to invest in our production. We achieved Global GAP certification. In addition, we introduced regular laboratory controls and the publication of comprehensive reports on pesticide residue controls, which we share with our European buyers.”
Premium quality and an increase in yield
“We own two farms in Yunnan and Jiangsu, two provinces in the South of China. In addition, we source from farms in Guangdong, Yunnan, Jiangsu and Gansu province. All our sugar snaps and snow peas are harvested by hand. We carefully monitor weather conditions to decide on the right moment to start harvesting. Heavy frosts in January hit one of the sugar snap production sites in Yunnan from which we source our crop. Total yield at that site decreased dramatically by 50% to 60%. This has driven prices up earlier in the season. However, our own cultivation base in Yunnan has, ultimately, not experienced a lot of damage. Thankfully the harvest could start around the same time as it did last year and we are ready to send of our first shipments to Europe.”
“Jiangsu’s sugar snap and snow pea harvest is even ten days ahead of schedule. Yield has increased, and the quality is better than last year’s crop. In total, we estimate to export 400 tons to Europe this year. We ship both by air and sea fright. We supply different ports in Europe, including Rotterdam, Antwerp, Southampton, Felixstowe, Hamburg, etc... We deliver to both wholesalers and retailers.”
For more information:
Luscious Fresh Co Ltd
Luscious Fresh Co Ltd
T: +86 532 8091 4977
M: +86 158 5321 0151
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-03 "Shortage of cutters is a problem, but demand and prices skyrocket"
- 2020-04-03 "Chinese ginger market makes a slow recovery"
- 2020-04-03 "Export price of Chinese garlic shows slight rise"
- 2020-04-03 Vegetables out of California and Mexico face a tough market
- 2020-04-03 First organic pumpkin delivery from New Zealand
- 2020-04-03 Increase in demand for spinach, baby spinach and teen spinach
- 2020-04-03 “The whole sector mobilized to rebalance the French asparagus market”
- 2020-04-02 "Every year is different. Every year is exciting in the asparagus industry"
- 2020-04-02 Several processing units shut down in Western Europe
- 2020-04-02 Watercress has more calcium than milk and more vitamin C than oranges
- 2020-04-02 Tasmania is home to one of horticulture's hidden gems
- 2020-04-01 Honey Bombs to hit store shelves in May
- 2020-04-01 Coachella green bell pepper harvest to start week of April 6th
- 2020-04-01 The quality of Kenya’s haricot verts keeps improving
- 2020-04-01 Salinaro gourmet tomatoes available in three colors
- 2020-04-01 Chinese asparagus enters peak of sales period
- 2020-04-01 "Overseas demand for Chinese garlic gradually steadies"
- 2020-04-01 "Chinese ginger exporters are extra careful with deliveries at the moment"
- 2020-03-31 Radish also hoping for uptick in retail sales
- 2020-03-31 “Export volume of Chinese ginger shows significant decline”