- Head Grower (Vine Crops) US / Canada
- Grower/Manager - Cuernavaca, Mexico
- Junior/Senior Agronomist for Italy and abroad
- Cacao Research Collection Manager - UC Davis campus
- Commercial Manager - Europe
- Sale Manager - remote position located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- State Specialist/Extension Professor of Plant Pathology - Durham (NH) USA
- Grower - Snowflake, Arizona
- Sales Director
- Master Hydroponics Grower - Bethesda (MD) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Civil unrest brings Durban harbour and cold stores to a standstill
- South Africa: Citrus farms pull the brake on harvesting & packing as anarchy continues
- GLOBAL OVERVIEW AVOCADOS
- California drought causing multi-layered effects
- Corrugated box makers in trouble as Himachal government switches to plastic trays
Top 5 -last month
Germany: Sea buckthorn berries and blueberries dominate berry cultivation in Brandenburg
Just as in 2012 sea buckthorn berries were the most commonly grown in Brandenburg. In 2013 buckthorn grew on 318 hectares and therewith more than half of the German sea buckthorn area was in Brandenburg (Germany, 2013: 611 hectares). Only 120 hectares of the buckthorn berries in Brandenburg were harvested, given that buckthorn berries are not allowed to be harvested from the same plant every year. The average yield was 1,800 kg per hectare (2012: 2,100 kg per hectare).
Besides the sea buckthorn, blueberries (107 acres) and elderberry (35 acres) were the most commonly grown in this part of the land. The total berry harvest in Brandenburg was much better compared to 2012. The total harvest volume in 2012 was 636 tonnes and in 2013 it was 972 tonnes (+53 per cent).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-26 "Ozone as an alternative for CIPC in transport"
- 2020-05-25 Solutions to disinfect fruits, vegetables, and fruit and vegetable collection centers
- 2020-05-22 "Low-cost Chinese thermometers meet all the basic needs of fruit exporters"
- 2020-05-15 "Special COVID-19 bonus" to facilitate labor in the field
- 2020-05-14 The modern mouse trap
- 2020-05-13 Frigga introduces a low-cost, single-use USB datalogger that lasts more than 90 days
- 2020-05-08 Valente produces complete systems for innovative crops
- 2020-05-08 “Traders must keep focusing on tasty snack tomatoes”
- 2020-05-07 Saving on the harvest of small fruits is possible
- 2020-04-30 "We offer the only waste-free post-harvest solution for stone fruit"
- 2020-04-22 Wide range of customization options with the Multytunnel system
- 2020-04-22 Frigga launches ultra-low-cost disposable USB temperature recorder
- 2020-04-22 New tests show significant improvement in watermelon productivity under climatic stress conditions
- 2020-04-14 “We bring a Latin touch to the European market”
- 2020-04-09 Innovative magnetic closing system for anti-insect nets
- 2020-04-01 Microwave technology to assist the fruit and vegetable supply chain
- 2020-04-01 Brandt Europe develops a nutritious solution that controls blossom end rot in California peppers
- 2020-03-30 "Growing number of fruit and vegetable retailers keep products fresh with Logfresh preservative card"
- 2020-03-24 How one Australian company is turning mushrooms into a meat alternative
- 2020-03-19 Vacuclean, the vacuum pyrolysis system for metal filters contaminated with rPET