Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Fresh-Cut
Denmark: Fresh cut consortium find shelf life solutions
The Innovation Consortium For Product Designed Packaging of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables (Innovationskonsortium for Produkttilpasset pakning af frisk frugt og grønt) is a Danish consortium that has been carrying out research and development into factors affecting the quality and shelf life of fresh fruit and.....
How to make life difficult for bacterial pathogens in the fresh-cut produce
Some researchers of University of Foggia (Italy) published in 2009 a review on chemical, physical, and biological stress factors that can inhibit the microbial growth, especially bacterial pathogens survival, on minimally processed food.Among the bacterial pathogens, the most common on fresh produce are.....
Europe: Dole salad kits for Scandinavian Summertime
This year has seen the launch of some exciting new products from Saba, the Scandinavian branch of Dole. Included in this have been two new fresh packed salads, which mark the company's first venture into a seasonal product range.The salads, the Dole Coleslaw Kit and Barbecue Mix, as the name may suggest,.....
Jerry Knox to speak of lessons from the wettest drought at East of England Potato Day
Jerry Knox from Cranfield University will discuss the lessons learnt from the wettest drought in history at the East of England Potato Day to be held at Frederick Hiam, Tuddenham, Bury St Edmunds on August 30. Dr Knox will be examining how the economics of irrigation are changing and what growers should.....
Germany: Food Freshly's 3 steps to longer shelf life
Under the name "3 PPP Plus", the German company FOOD freshly is presenting a new concept for freeing fresh foodstuffs of germs and extending their shelf-life. 3 PPP enables both small and large companies in the foodstuffs industry, supermarkets and importers/distributors to keep cut fruit, vegetables and.....
Fresh cut produce gets increased shelf-life
Significant shelf-life extension for fresh cut produce can be achieved with innovative bags, pads and films from Sirane – leading to far less food being thrown out.Sirane’s fresh produce range is perfect for fresh cut fruit and vegetables, offering shelf-life extension, absorbency including ethylene, and.....
Germany: Innovative cutting & coring technique for lettuce with flat stem
The newly ddeveloped top & tail machine TT 450 is designed for coring lettuce with flat stem (e.g. Frisee, Endive/Escarole, Romaine/Cos) and cutting leaf tips.It allows - with a simultaneously improved yield of up to 6 % - a considerable increase in productivity by up to 110 % per person (Frisee and.....