- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Gil Ben-Moshe from Hefer Valley:
"Israel: "Smaller volumes of big Orri this year"
“Our Orri is sent to markets all over Europe, as well as to North America. Because we sell the fruit at the same FOB prices, we do not have any preference for market destinations,” Ben-Moshe continues. Nowadays Spain is also cultivating Orri. “However, quality-wise, there is no competition. Spain is actually a major importer of Israeli Orri. Spanish consumers really appreciate the sweetness of our fruit. But it is also visible on other markets, Israeli Orri is much more expensive than the Spanish Orri.”
The weaker euro also has its effect on the fruit. “The euro is currently putting pressure on prices when exporting to the EU, because the currency is very weak at the moment. This results in European customers having to pay higher prices for imported fruit. This will have a somewhat negative effect on consumption, but we believe the balance point between price and consumption will be found eventually. However, the Orri is not an exotic fruit, it is a much more basic product. It therefore suffers less in times like these compared with true exotics,” Ben-Moshe concludes.
For more information:
HEFER VALLEY EXPORT
Tel: +(972) 54 748 0990
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Malta cultivation is booming in Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh
- 2023-09-25 How much did Egyptian orange imports grow in Spain and the EU last season?
- 2023-09-25 California, Mexico and Chile all slimmer on lemon supply
- 2023-09-25 Villari Group launches new brand 'Ducifinu'
- 2023-09-22 University of California looks into lemon pitting
- 2023-09-22 Historic high prices for oranges announced after meeting of citrus growers in Belize
- 2023-09-21 Confirmed CLas-positive Asian citrus psyllid found in Ventura County
- 2023-09-21 "Juicing orange prices to only keep rising"
- 2023-09-21 Belize’s traditional exports seem to face a decline
- 2023-09-20 US demand for the Brazilian juice underpins exports
- 2023-09-20 “Argentina’s prices change so fast, supermarkets don’t even put stickers on a product anymore”
- 2023-09-20 Hot EU market outweighs tariff impact on South African oranges
- 2023-09-19 Spain expects to produce 5.75 million tons of citrus in the 2023/2024 campaign
- 2023-09-19 Egyptian lemons coming soon
- 2023-09-18 Citrus harvesting trends in Florida
- 2023-09-18 Season’s first update to Brazil’s orange forecast
- 2023-09-18 Good weather means steady lime supplies
- 2023-09-18 “Early end of South African citrus creates a gap before start of Turkish season”
- 2023-09-18 Is the lime market a gamble?
- 2023-09-18 Pricing of oranges is high in Portugal due to import costs