- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Company contribute to protection of turtles
During the visit to the Foundation, they learned about the life cycle of a sea turtle and the challenges it faces to survive, from an egg to the sea, preyed upon by dogs, raccoons, sea birds, crabs, lizards, carnivorous fish - even human turtle poachers. The sea turtle population is overfished and sold for consumption as a delicacy, as well as for souvenirs and for art crafts. Unfortunately, all of these factors and many others have put the sea turtle population at risk of extinction.
The beaches in Punta Cana are lit and monitored by the PUNTACANA Ecological Foundation during the nesting season, so that the eggs and turtles won't be disturbed during this time. The Foundation educates the local community so that they will understand and protect the nests, and teaches them the economic benefits of a live versus a dead turtle in order to eliminate illegal trading.
“We were so mesmerized by the amazing work PUNTACANA Ecological Foundation is doing, that we felt that we needed to give our time and talent back to this community in which we serve,” explained Guy Elitzur, CEO of Stockton. “As part of Stockton’s continued efforts for a safer, better and more sustainable environment, our employees volunteered to assist in a sea turtle conservation project at the Foundation by planting sea plants to ensure that these beautiful sea turtles have a safe place to nest and feed.”
Stockton is dedicated to moving towards a better more sustainable world by delivering eco-friendly, reliable and efficient products. Preserving and protecting the environment and supporting communities where we do business with community service, sponsorships, health and wellbeing, and environmental performance.
For more information: www.stockton-ag.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 'Farmland continues to act as a strong hedge against inflation'
- 2022-10-07 Lamb Weston reports fiscal first quarter 2023 results
- 2022-10-07 Merchant of San Francisco Market expands business space
- 2022-10-07 "Our location between the Rhine-Ruhr area and the Cologne area is the key to success"
- 2022-10-06 Rotunda Capital Partners completes the sale of FreshEdge
- 2022-10-06 Tanimura & Antle announces sales department promotions
- 2022-10-06 Nearly 6,000 solar panels ensures energy-neutral process at Dutch wholesaler
- 2022-10-06 France: Merger of Agrial and Natura’Pro
- 2022-10-06 "Thanks to the move, we have been able to expand not just our capacity, but the diversity of our offer as well"
- 2022-10-06 Frutura Obst und Gemüse is "Austria's Best Managed Company 2022"
- 2022-10-06 Azora Group expands into agriculture with ISFA stake purchase
- 2022-10-06 Nocera, Inc. and VIE Meixin Institutional Food Development Co. enter into distribution agreement with Farmers Vending Machine Co. Ltd.
- 2022-10-05 McCain Foods and McCain Foundation donate 2 million dollars to support Hurricane Fiona relief efforts in Atlantic Canada
- 2022-10-05 No serious injuries following ammonia leak at Simplot potato plant
- 2022-10-05 New West Coast retail consultant for National Mango Board
- 2022-10-05 Investment firm acquires majority stake in Sunrise Produce
- 2022-10-05 New co-CEO for Dutch exporter
- 2022-10-05 SEPC welcomes new Chairman of the Board
- 2022-10-05 Fourayes acquisition ensures fruitful future for Puratos UK
- 2022-10-05 Pinduoduo's '10 Billion Agriculture Initiative' supports research breakthroughs in high-tech wheat