- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- Apple industry on Canada's East Coast affected by Hurricane Fiona
- Florida growers and importers brace for Hurricane Ian
- “Demand for the Wonderful variety pomegranates is high right now”
- World Container Index sinks to January 2021 levels
- Researchers boost nutritive benefits of sweet potato with novel drying technology
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Chinese government regulates garlic price surge
and Reform Commission commented that the government was now showing
great concerns to the garlic price surge.
During the price conference held on November 11th, Mr. Li said that garlic output
decreased a lot this year due to the impact of extreme weather conditions such as rain, snow and cold.
However, the market demand is quite stable, and the price increase is expected in the future. Under such circumstances garlic dealers stock their garlics and wait for a even higher price.
The National Development and Reform Commission will take immediate measures on those who help push up the price. Recently they have started the price inspection for cold storage garlics and wholesale garlic in 3 main garlic production areas: Shandong province, Henan province and Jiangsu province. Some precautions have been given to garlic dealers who have a relatively large stock.
Source: Xinhua News Agency
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-29 Legumes and vegetables are a growing opportunity for Taranaki region
- 2022-09-29 Dutch tomato sales to the EU fell by 24.67% this season while Moroccan and Spanish sales increased by 17.84% and 3.56%
- 2022-09-29 "Our Moroccan dwarf bean season begins on Monday"
- 2022-09-29 Growing the Australian vegetable industry
- 2022-09-29 "Local hothouse tomatoes cooked by Trudeau’s carbon tax" says opposition leader
- 2022-09-29 Amidst Hurricane Ian, Colombian bell peppers arrived in the US for the first time
- 2022-09-29 France: Short garlic campaign due to lack of volumes
- 2022-09-29 "Increased appreciation for peas and beans as regional superfoods"
- 2022-09-29 Karnataka farmers worried as Goa wants to cut vegetable imports from Belagavi
- 2022-09-28 "In some cases, Dutch eggplant prices have doubled"
- 2022-09-28 Simply Veg campaign launched to support families through cost-of-living crisis
- 2022-09-28 The most popular type of mushroom in the US
- 2022-09-28 Purple Magic, the market's first full purple broccoli, will compete for the Innovation Awards at Fruit Attraction
- 2022-09-28 Romania produced 600,550 tons of cabbage in 2020
- 2022-09-27 South Korea welcomes kimchi from China
- 2022-09-27 Organic carrot production in Minnesota expanding
- 2022-09-27 In Brussels, the Spanish garlic sector will demand that large retailers pay producers better
- 2022-09-27 "Cheaper Egyptian garlic has gained ground on Spanish garlic in the Brazilian market, but also on Mexican garlic"
- 2022-09-27 "Medium-sized Spanish garlic sufficiently available, but large-sized produce rare and sought after"
- 2022-09-27 "Fresh mushroom surcharge a must to prevent market shortages"