- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- UK & IRL Avocado Trader
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- South African orange shipment reveals R75 million worth of cocaine
- “Laser micro-perforated bags extend bananas' shelf life by three weeks”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Blueberries will be the main focus at the next Macfrut
Top 5 -last month
New Ohio greenhouse gets first plants
“This is a great day for NatureFresh™ to see the first tomato plants arrive here at our new greenhouse in Ohio”, said Peter Quiring, President. In just over 6 months from the ground-breaking, NatureFresh™ built a state of the art facility that will produce locally grown greenhouse tomatoes year round. This will be a first for the state of Ohio to have locally grown tomatoes 12 months a year. “We will be heading in to 2016 with 130 acres in Leamington, ON and 15 acres in Delta, OH for a total of 145 acres under glass”, said Quiring. Construction of NatureFresh’s Phase II of 30 acres has already begun and expected to be completed by the middle of next summer.
NatureFresh™ Farms grows and markets an extensive variety of tomatoes, bell peppers, and cucumbers.
“The demand for locally grown produce is increasing year over year”, commented Ray Wowryk, Director of Business Development. “By reducing food miles and growing closer to home, consumers will have the opportunity starting in February to purchase Ohio grown tomatoes in the winter, which is a first”, said Wowryk.
NatureFresh™ unveiled its OhioRed™ brand for its new Ohio grown product recently at the PMA Fresh Summit in Atlanta. The first crop of OhioRed™ Tomatoes is expected to be ready for picking in mid-February 2016.
“The increase in our acreage in Ohio will help us provide even more product to our key retail accounts in the mid-west and in Canada”, said Wowryk.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 1111
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-05 Greenhouse melons and watermelons treated with antagonistic insects
- 2022-12-02 Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes grower to keep innovating
- 2022-11-29 Air raid shelter becomes underground farm in Clapham, south London
- 2022-11-28 Snacking trend leads to increased year-round production of mini cucumbers
- 2022-11-23 “Cost increases are an opportunity to identify efficiencies”
- 2022-11-22 Tomato demand slowing down in the short term
- 2022-11-11 To-go tomato snack debuts in Mexican 7-Eleven® stores
- 2022-11-09 Purple greenhouse-grown tomato Yoom launches
- 2022-11-09 Strength is a core factor for prestressed poles
- 2022-11-08 Dynamic grow lights chosen as solution for strawberry trials
- 2022-11-07 UK growers stop planting and put nurseries up for sale amidst energy crisis and labour shortage
- 2022-11-04 "Consumers must understand the effort that sustainability entails"
- 2022-11-04 Taking a peek into how CEA is developing
- 2022-11-03 Canadian greenhouse season transitions into Mexico
- 2022-11-02 Growing Australian horticulturalist counts on strength of greenhouse
- 2022-10-31 Indoor farming in Singapore is a tough business requiring a robust business case
- 2022-10-27 New packaged salad kits unveiled
- 2022-10-26 Website for grower's brand gets a fresh new look
- 2022-10-26 Greenhouse grower moves beyond tomatoes
- 2022-10-26 Highlighting growing greenhouse presence at IFPA's Global Show