- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
Israel: High performing sweet potato exports brings award
“Due to the growth in demand and production that we have witnessed in recent years, we invested many resources in renovation and modernisation of our warehouse.” The process started in June 2015 and completed at the end of September 2015, and included new palletizers, carton building machines and a new and sophisticated sorting system.
“We are currently sorting and packing over 100 tons a day for the export and local market. Additionally, we are continuing with the Green Line and we are working for the environment in terms of production of green energy through solar panels that were installed on the roof of our warehouse couple of years ago, providing green energy to our packing and cooling facilities.”
The system was upgraded this year and additional panels were added to increase the productivity.
The 2015-2016 season started in the middle of July with normal demand coming from Europe. “The crops are looking very good and quality is excellent. At the moment we are focusing on collecting fresh goods from the field that some of them are sent directly to our packing house for an immediate sorting and packing process. Than it will be sent to European and local market in the near future, the rest will be stored in cold storage to support the demand of European and local markets from November till June 2016. “
For now, the approximation of expected export quantities for sweet potato is between 7000-10000 tons in 6 kg and 15 kg boxes for export, and at about 10000 tons that are intended for the local market.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 PepsiCo Alimentos Venezuela launches program to train potato growers in the region
- 2022-11-29 Potato production in Kazakhstan increased by almost 12% in 2022
- 2022-11-29 “The current economic context keeps the onion market balanced in spite of the drop in production”
- 2022-11-28 NZ program aims to provide potato and vegetable growers with nitrogen management tool
- 2022-11-28 Leaders honored at Prince Edward Island Potato Board banquet
- 2022-11-28 "Challenge to translate rising Dutch onion purchase price into exports"
- 2022-11-28 “Europe and Asia are down 15-20% on volume, so we expect good demand for NZ onions"
- 2022-11-28 Georgia starts importing potatoes as local stocks are running out
- 2022-11-28 Vietnamese sweet potatoes enter Chinese market via official channels
- 2022-11-28 Maharashtra onion farmers to protest next week unless government increases prices
- 2022-11-28 UK: Defra raises seed potato derogation granted to Canada with EU
- 2022-11-25 A group of researchers is trying to save Colombia's 'native' potatoes
- 2022-11-25 South Australian onion growers have some great opportunities
- 2022-11-25 Reduction in supply makes prices for onions go up in Ukraine
- 2022-11-25 UK free-buy potato prices decline in November
- 2022-11-25 Pakistani traders ask government to allow tax-free imports of onions
- 2022-11-24 Almost one-third of US potatoes are grown in Idaho’s Snake River Plain
- 2022-11-24 Swiss onion sector on the upswing
- 2022-11-24 Onions missing from shelves in New Zealand due to tough growing season
- 2022-11-24 Kwara State Government trains women and students in potato processing