- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
Top 5 -yesterday
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW POTATOES
- AM FRESH Group buys majority stake in in Asia-based Fruit-X and creates FRESH FRUIT-X
- Thinking about Florida’s citrus growers
- Papua New Guinea to embark on developing avocados as an industry
- "No prunes this year due to high gas prices, but there will be almonds and walnuts"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Australia to substantially increase Japanese grape exports
Jeff Scott from the Australian Table Grape Association spoke to FreshPlaza at China FVF in Beijing, "It looks like we will have a big crop of Emerald which will mean a lot of fruit on the domestic market, Sunraysia is expecting a good year, not a large crop, but a good average crop."
So far the weather has been kind, with no rain or hail events and warm days with cool nights which will bring on the sugars and colours, Scott commented,"We could always get a heatwave or something but fingers crossed for a good quality year."
The estimate is similar to last year at 160,000 tonnes, 50% of which will go for export.
Among the export markets is mainland China, which was difficult last year according to Scott, but this season it is looking better this year as the Chinese New Year falls late and is ideal for the Australian Crimson grape exports.
"Chile is 1-2 weeks later than us so we can get in first, we can't compete on price with the Chileans but we do get a higher price for our grapes, as we are well known for our sweet grapes and so far people have been willing to pay more for them."
Scott is confident that they can expand exports to Japan this season. Last year they started exporting there halfway through the season and sent just 16 containers, this season it should be as much as 100 containers. Australia can only send Thompsons seedless, Crimson and Red Globe to Japan according to the protocol, this said Scott, "Is great for our Thompsons as the quality is extremely high."
The country is also in the final steps of an agreement with Korea, which would be a great opportunity for them.
As for the situation with Vietnam, "At this stage they are indicating that they want further discussions. Just now everything is continuing as normal, but there is a need for discussion. Import permits are still being issued but there is a deadline of 1st January when the discussions will have needed to have taken place and the issues which Vietnam have raised with us will need to be resolved. They are citing a few things which the two governments are talking about now," concludes Scott.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-03 Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- 2022-10-03 "The demand for preservatives in the grape market remains high"
- 2022-10-03 Lower final Dutch apple, pear harvest estimate
- 2022-10-03 La Nina will probably drive up Australian blueberry prices
- 2022-10-03 Organic fruit from Lake Constance: top quality pome fruit and a bigger yield for organic apples
- 2022-10-03 Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
- 2022-10-03 Williams Sonoma and pomegranate shipper launch co-branded product line
- 2022-10-03 "We have worked with Moldovan companies that get it and are real entrepreneurs"
- 2022-09-30 AM FRESH Group buys majority stake in in Asia-based Fruit-X and creates FRESH FRUIT-X
- 2022-09-30 Innovation team looks to expand berry production in Canada
- 2022-09-30 Wisconsin cranberry crop meets a tight market
- 2022-09-30 "We have already shipped the first blueberries from Valparaíso to Busan"
- 2022-09-30 “European market most important for Agricola Famosa and South American region”
- 2022-09-30 Two new 'easy' raspberry varieties
- 2022-09-30 Portuguese fruit growers fear for their yields after months of dry weather
- 2022-09-30 Value of Australian fruit exports to China dropped in 2021/22
- 2022-09-30 Fruit fly detector dogs to be deployed in the Riverland
- 2022-09-30 Highest value for blueberries was reached on March 19, 2022
- 2022-09-30 First shipments of Peru’s blueberries reach new markets of Israel and Jordan
- 2022-09-30 China's fresh apple import and export unit prices are rising year by year