- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US onion producer embarks on new onion packaging facility
With a capital expansion plan valued at $17.5M for 2014 to 2015, River Point Farms’ new facility underscores the company’s commitment to provide a high quality product with an unparalleled level of service to its contract clients. The new facility will feature best in class equipment that the company has strategically vetted over the last two years in preparation for its doubling of production and shipping capacity in the next twelve months.
“As we nurture our current customers and prepare for growth, seamless execution in packaging and shipping facilities is paramount to our success,” said Bob Hale, chief executive officer of River Point Farms. “The new packaging facility provides us with an opportunity to fully automate our whole onion sorting and packaging process with a high level of accuracy and efficiency and also allows us to convert our current packing facility into a state of the art, shipping facility.”
River Point Farms’ long history of providing outstanding product quality, service and volume capabilities have strengthened the company and its ability to invest in this project. The new facility allows for amplification of capabilities and improvements in partnerships with customers as a single-source, year-round supplier of farm fresh onions.
During construction, River Point Farms will continue to operate out of their current facility until the day of the transition. The company will continue their guarantee to deliver top quality onions at contract price and volume. The project is estimated to be completed by end of July 2015.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-25 Pennsylvania Cooperative Potato Growers celebrate 100 years of cooperation
- 2022-11-25 Lineage Logistics officially opens fully automated Cool Port II
- 2022-11-25 AUSVEG welcomes new directors
- 2022-11-25 New management structure for Heemskerk fresh & easy
- 2022-11-24 Canadian growers invest $10,000 in St. John Ambulance
- 2022-11-24 AgroFresh transitions from publicly traded to private ownership
- 2022-11-24 Could your ugly Christmas sweater feature a pineapple?
- 2022-11-24 Cor van der Kaaij steps down from Lokal Harvest
- 2022-11-24 "Encouraging demand from hospitality, but retail is slowing"
- 2022-11-24 Japanese agri equipment leader invests in Israeli fresh produce quality control start-up
- 2022-11-23 "I love that I can add my expertise to VH's vertical packaging specialization"
- 2022-11-23 Driscoll's Russell Allwell discusses Berry Gardens acquisition
- 2022-11-23 Fyffes melon subsidiary wins social responsibility award in Honduras
- 2022-11-23 West Pak Avocado adds to sales team
- 2022-11-22 Oppy's John Anderson named to Business Laureates Hall of Fame
- 2022-11-22 Del Monte Foods finishes new Doha facility
- 2022-11-21 Paul Mastronardi honored with Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2022-11-21 Monterey Mushrooms hires new western region sales director
- 2022-11-21 British Columbia and Saskatchewan companies partner in improving soil health
- 2022-11-21 France: Ombrea signs partnership with Banque des Territoires for 350 MW of agrivoltaic projects