- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- A tour of the Checkers fresh produce aisles
- Florida grapefruit industry seeing minimal fruit loss post Hurricane Ian
- "Huge demand for new Portuguese sweet potato crop"
- Chinese Begonia apple exported around the globe for the first time
- Vietnamese durian sales are ideal, but product movement of Australian oranges slowed down
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Adelaide Auction of New Season Baby Potatoes to be held on 31 October
Last year’s auction raised $8,500 for the Little Heroes Foundation, a charity dedicated to supporting children living with cancer and serious illness, and their families. Again, all proceeds from this year’s auction will support the Foundation; the Association’s charity of choice.
Robbie Davis, CEO of Potatoes South Australia Incorporated, said “South Australia is the nation’s largest potato producer with farm gate production worth $206 million and it is only fitting that we celebrate Spring’s potato harvest. Potatoes also represent the largest horticulture contribution to the state’s gross food revenue (>$440 million)”.
“The auction will bring out the best amongst South Australia’s philanthropic primary producers, service providers, researchers and other stakeholders in the value chain who are keen to secure the best potatoes of the season and make a positive contribution to charity,” she added.
The Dinner, at the National Wine Centre of Australia, will celebrate the industry’s many achievements and its unity, bringing about 150 stakeholders together. Guest speaker is the Hon Martin Hamilton-Smith MP, Minister for Investment and Trade.
Ms Davis urges all potential bidders to “dig deep” on the night. “Not only is the auction a chance to attain the finest potatoes in the country (if not the world), but it’s also an opportunity to support a worthwhile cause,” she added. Elders Livestock Auctioneer, Tony Wetherall, will once again be in charge of the gavel!
These pristine, delicious baby potatoes; packed full of vitamins B6, C, fibre, potassium and antioxidants are nature’s answer to sustaining good health and are the best companion for lamb, beef, pork, game, poultry and seafood. They will feature on the menu, prepared by South Australia’s Chef of the Year 2014, Philip Pope.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-04 Rukiga district onion farmers faced with losses amid price drop
- 2022-10-04 Nafed offloads buffer onion stock of 20,000 tons in cities to contain prices in India
- 2022-10-04 Irish consumers encouraged to support locally grown - National Potato Day
- 2022-10-03 Potato harvest in Russia up 18% this season
- 2022-10-03 Idaho potato acreage and yields down for 2022-2023 crop
- 2022-10-03 Tissue culture technology should increase Kenyan potato yields
- 2022-10-03 69th International Potato Autumn Fair: Industry expects challenging potato year
- 2022-10-03 Peru: Potatoes saw largest price increase
- 2022-10-03 "The low supply, the sizes available and high prices make for a very uncertain winter for potatoes"
- 2022-10-03 Potato prices in Georgia keep going up
- 2022-10-03 High demand and limited supply lead to price increases in Ukrainian onion market
- 2022-10-03 "This time of year, we sort and package mostly for export, from December it's for retail"
- 2022-10-03 British potato yields suffered from dry spring and early summer
- 2022-09-30 Philippines: Armyworms invade ‘onion capital’ Bayambang
- 2022-09-30 Walther Farms states that harvest is about halfway
- 2022-09-30 "Potato prices not too high, but extra costs make them pricey"
- 2022-09-30 Harvest of Egyptian spring onions delayed until mid-October
- 2022-09-30 Technological innovations to optimize the production of potatoes, 0% plastic packaging, and new formats
- 2022-09-30 "Many are not yet aware that the current situation is only a foretaste of what is to come"
- 2022-09-29 Researchers are seeking to develop spuds that resist harmful nematodes