- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
US (CA): Live Oak Farms appoints tomato industry leader Ed Beckman as COO
For over twenty years, Beckman led associations representing the California fresh tomato industry, most recently as chief executive officer for California Tomato Farmers, where he championed the development of programs that resulted in cutting edge food safety standards for field-grown tomatoes, expanding the presence of California’s fresh tomato industry in export markets, and secured supply partnerships with leading foodservice and supermarket chains.
Bob Giampaoli, Live Oak Farms CEO, and 3rd generation farmer, said that the Giampaoli family is pleased to welcome Beckman to their management team. “Live Oak Farms is a multigenerational farming operation that’s committed to excellence, and Ed’s vision and demonstrated ability to successfully navigate the rapidly changing market forces of the fresh produce industry will position Live Oak Farms for growth to the benefit of our customers, employees, and the next generation of our farming family”.
In the newly created position, Beckman will initially focus on the creation of new initiatives to support future growth across Live Oak’s tomato and pepper operations.
Beckman was attracted to join Live Oak because of his past involvement with the company while serving as CEO of the grower organizations that Live Oak was a member of. “I’ve witnessed for many years the passion that the Giampaoli family has for farming, their commitment to excellence, and their giving back to the community. I’m thrilled to work alongside Bob and the family as we work together on making a great company even better in the years ahead”.
Beckman joined Live Oak Farms in mid-October from Certified Greenhouse Farmers, where he served as Chief Executive Officer.
For more information:
Live Oak Farms
T: +1 (209) 389-4576
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-06 Rotunda Capital Partners completes the sale of FreshEdge
- 2022-10-06 Tanimura & Antle announces sales department promotions
- 2022-10-06 Nearly 6,000 solar panels ensures energy-neutral process at Dutch wholesaler
- 2022-10-06 France: Merger of Agrial and Natura’Pro
- 2022-10-06 "Thanks to the move, we have been able to expand not just our capacity, but the diversity of our offer as well"
- 2022-10-06 Frutura Obst und Gemüse is "Austria's Best Managed Company 2022"
- 2022-10-06 Azora Group expands into agriculture with ISFA stake purchase
- 2022-10-06 Nocera, Inc. and VIE Meixin Institutional Food Development Co. enter into distribution agreement with Farmers Vending Machine Co. Ltd.
- 2022-10-05 McCain Foods and McCain Foundation donate 2 million dollars to support Hurricane Fiona relief efforts in Atlantic Canada
- 2022-10-05 No serious injuries following ammonia leak at Simplot potato plant
- 2022-10-05 New West Coast retail consultant for National Mango Board
- 2022-10-05 Investment firm acquires majority stake in Sunrise Produce
- 2022-10-05 New co-CEO for Dutch exporter
- 2022-10-05 SEPC welcomes new Chairman of the Board
- 2022-10-05 Fourayes acquisition ensures fruitful future for Puratos UK
- 2022-10-05 Pinduoduo's '10 Billion Agriculture Initiative' supports research breakthroughs in high-tech wheat
- 2022-10-05 "Sensible exploitation of synergies makes it possible to minimize logistics costs"
- 2022-10-05 Fresh Del Monte and tech start-up provide industrywide blockchain traceability solutions
- 2022-10-04 Alico, Inc. initial Hurricane Ian assessment: 125 year-old company weathers latest storm
- 2022-10-04 California Avocado Commission announces new president