- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- PHOTO REPORT: Fruit Attraction 2022
- South African port strike: "Brace for a minimum one week strike, probably longer"
- Australia: 300 tons of oranges dumped due to wet weather, export troubles and labor shortage
- Increasing import and logistics costs weigh on the mind of importers
- Grapes grown especially for the Asian markets
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Giumarra Borquez uses fair trade funds to build dental, optometry centres for community
The two new facilities were built adjacent to the existing employee health care centre. Farm worker community development funds from Giumarra Borquez’s participation in the Fair Trade program were used to build the new centres, and will also be used to operate it.
“We view the care of our coworkers, their families, and our neighbouring communities with utmost importance. Our community involvement is as vital to us as providing high quality products to our customers,” says Pablo Borquez Almada, president of Campos Borquez.
The partnership between Giumarra and Campos Borquez is a vertically-integrated operation that grows, packs, and distributes asparagus to the North American market. The asparagus is packed under the Nature’s Partner label, and may also be marketed as Fair Trade Certified.
“As our partnership continues to grow, we are thrilled to be a part of the achievements of Pablo Borquez and his family, including becoming the first asparagus grower in the world to be certified by Fair Trade USA in 2012,” says Bruce Dowhan, vice president and general manager of Giumarra Borquez. “Pablo has been working to better his community since the early 1990s, and we expect to see more employee-voted improvements with the continued growth of the Fair Trade program.”
Giumarra Borquez will begin shipping its fall asparagus crop in October and expects a substantial increase in volume this year, with ample supplies to support promotions for Fair Trade, as well as the upcoming holidays.
To learn more about Pablo Borquez Almada’s story and Giumarra Borquez, please view the video here: https://vimeo.com/105895333
For more information:
The Giumarra Companies
T: +1 213.627.2900
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 'Farmland continues to act as a strong hedge against inflation'
- 2022-10-07 Lamb Weston reports fiscal first quarter 2023 results
- 2022-10-07 Merchant of San Francisco Market expands business space
- 2022-10-07 "Our location between the Rhine-Ruhr area and the Cologne area is the key to success"
- 2022-10-06 Rotunda Capital Partners completes the sale of FreshEdge
- 2022-10-06 Tanimura & Antle announces sales department promotions
- 2022-10-06 Nearly 6,000 solar panels ensures energy-neutral process at Dutch wholesaler
- 2022-10-06 France: Merger of Agrial and Natura’Pro
- 2022-10-06 "Thanks to the move, we have been able to expand not just our capacity, but the diversity of our offer as well"
- 2022-10-06 Frutura Obst und Gemüse is "Austria's Best Managed Company 2022"
- 2022-10-06 Azora Group expands into agriculture with ISFA stake purchase
- 2022-10-06 Nocera, Inc. and VIE Meixin Institutional Food Development Co. enter into distribution agreement with Farmers Vending Machine Co. Ltd.
- 2022-10-05 McCain Foods and McCain Foundation donate 2 million dollars to support Hurricane Fiona relief efforts in Atlantic Canada
- 2022-10-05 No serious injuries following ammonia leak at Simplot potato plant
- 2022-10-05 New West Coast retail consultant for National Mango Board
- 2022-10-05 Investment firm acquires majority stake in Sunrise Produce
- 2022-10-05 New co-CEO for Dutch exporter
- 2022-10-05 SEPC welcomes new Chairman of the Board
- 2022-10-05 Fourayes acquisition ensures fruitful future for Puratos UK
- 2022-10-05 Pinduoduo's '10 Billion Agriculture Initiative' supports research breakthroughs in high-tech wheat