- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
Top 5 -yesterday
- PHOTO REPORT: Fruit Attraction 2022
- South African port strike: "Brace for a minimum one week strike, probably longer"
- Australia: 300 tons of oranges dumped due to wet weather, export troubles and labor shortage
- Increasing import and logistics costs weigh on the mind of importers
- Grapes grown especially for the Asian markets
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- "I have 400 tons of unsold grapes on the vines"
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
Produce inspectors open new operation in Peru
Nicolas Vidal “Our idea is to adapt the solutions we are currently offering in Chile and domestic season in U.S. and Europe to the Peruvian situation. We know it is a big challenge since it may look similar, but in reality there are differences that must be considered. Would like to provide Peruvians growers, exporters and direct importers a source for quality information in making the most informed decisions before they ship the fruit abroad, and once abroad help them to segregate getting the higher value possible.
We will focus on Asparagus, and also blueberries; an industry that is starting in Peru with a huge potential. But other important commodities from Peru are Grapes, Avocados, Pomegranates and Mangoes, commodities that we have been checking at destination and also in other origin countries. Comments Nicolas Vidal, General Manager of PIE (Produce inspectors Europe).
Matias BustamanteMatias Bustamante will be managing the new operation. His team arrived in Peru at the end of September (2014) will plans to be up and running at the beginning of October. He is an agricultural engineer Graduated from Universidad De Chile. He also has a Master in Pest and Disease.
Matias has been working for PIA for more than 4 years. He spent his first 2 years working in the U.S. in Miami and Philadelphia. Since 2012 he has been in charge of our operations in ASIA, specifically China, Hong Kong, Japan and Korea.
“We have been filling information gaps between growers and exporters, and also between exporters and importers, we hope to replicate this successful model in Peru” Nicolas notes.
For more information:
Produce Inspectors Europe B.V.
Tel: +31 174 512463
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-07 FDA food safety prevention strategies for imported mushrooms and bulb onions
- 2022-10-07 FDA reveals cantaloupe was behind outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium infections
- 2022-10-07 CDC says outbreak linked to Wendy’s sandwiches is over
- 2022-10-06 Michigan consumers warned of produce contaminated with human waste
- 2022-10-06 Cyprus: Herbs recalled after failure to list potential allergen
- 2022-10-05 Pams frozen berries recalled after seven people hospitalised with Hep A
- 2022-09-30 Nigerian counties rally against GMO imports
- 2022-09-22 Frozen berries Hepatitis A scare might boost local fresh berry sales
- 2022-09-22 Scientists assess ways to control hazards in produce
- 2022-09-21 K-Fresh Fresh Produce brand Enoki Mushroom recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes
- 2022-09-21 Public and industry views on kiwifruit spray released
- 2022-09-21 Taiwan customs seize Chilean apples due to pesticide levels
- 2022-09-21 India: AI model to separate low-quality food produce from the market
- 2022-09-21 Various brands of salad products recalled due to pieces of plastic
- 2022-09-21 GHGA recalls various ready-to-eat vegetable products due to possible Listeria Monocytogenes contamination
- 2022-09-20 CGA releases “AusCherrySure” an MRL app to help growers comply with export regulations
- 2022-09-15 Australia's first forum held to assist the fresh produce industry grow with phytosanitary irradiation
- 2022-09-09 FDA to conduct on-farm surveillance sampling of Salinas Valley leafy greens
- 2022-09-06 Mexican papaya industry propels sector-wide food safety evolution
- 2022-09-05 Enoki Mushroom recalled due to Listeria monocytogenes