- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
"Jan Vermeiren, Exofi: 'Increase assortment of citrus Fidels"
"French kiwi prices slightly higher than last year"
"At Sikig we do not take any risk in connection with the taste" he continues. "We wait till week 47 to start the season with a good quality." Vermeiren tells that the supply of Zespri kiwi's was limited in the middle of November. "At the moment there is a shortage of kiwi's of good quality, because most French exporters have not started the new season as yet". Vermeiren mentions that the total production of the French Hayward kiwi is about 15% smaller than last year. "Also there are very few large kiwis of sizes 20 and 23 in 3kg crates. A shortage of large sizes has occurred a number of times during the last few years. Prices are somewhat higher than last year, the kiwis are between 5 and 8% more expensive. We expect a very nice kiwi season at Sikig kiwis and hope from week 47 up to and including the beginning of May 2014, to be able to supply our clients with a flavoursome and satisfactory product."
Increase assortment: citrus Fidels
Exofi has increased its assortment since October 2010. Mr. Jacques Delsemme of the company Fidels has joined the team of Exofi. "He is an old hand in the trade with more than 45 years of experience. As a result we are in a position to supply fresh Spanish citrus daily of the hallmarks Beni, Fidels, Frutibema and Zaida. The leafy clementines of Fidels are known in Belgium because of their perfect taste. At the moment we offer the Clemenules. The taste is perfect and the quality is super. That promises something for the week of St.Nicholas. This week we receive fresh shipments every day and the prices are attractive" Jan concludes.
For more information:
112, Werkhuizenkaai, mag.25-26
Tel: +32 2 243.12.49
GSM: + 32 475 86.09.80
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 "Everything points to kiwifruit prices remaining high throughout the season"
- 2023-10-02 New green, gold and red kiwi from Southern Europe promotion launched
- 2023-10-02 Mango and lemon crops in Peru lost almost 90% of their blossom
- 2023-10-02 Zespri’s Northern Hemisphere harvest to be the biggest yet
- 2023-10-02 Italian pomegranates doing better than last year
- 2023-10-02 "You can eat this sweet starfruit variety fresh"
- 2023-10-02 Some 5,000 Filipino coconut growers get PCA assistance
- 2023-09-29 Costa Rica’s golden pineapples still delighting consumers in world markets
- 2023-09-29 Export of Filipino avocados to South Korea to start tomorrow
- 2023-09-29 Italian Rojo Brillante persimmon season about to start
- 2023-09-29 Halls buys stake in French start-up Infuseo
- 2023-09-29 Retailers sell 27 million additional avocados during Q2 holidays this year
- 2023-09-29 China's economic downturn reduces demand for dragon fruit leading up to Moon Festival
- 2023-09-29 Best season ever for Moroccan avocados?
- 2023-09-29 KALRO supports diversification of crops in west Kenya
- 2023-09-29 Pomegranate prices skyrocketing in Pune