- VP Growing Operations
- Export Trade Manager
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Proceeds to Little Heroes Foundation
Adelaide auction of new season baby potatoes 1 November
The first auction was held last year, and $3,000 was raised for the Little Heroes Foundation, a charity dedicated to supporting children living with cancer and serious illness, and their families. Again, all proceeds from this year’s auction will support the Foundation.
Robbie Davis, CEO of Potatoes South Australia Incorporated, said “South Australia is the nation’s largest potato producer with farm gate production worth $206 million and it is only fitting that we celebrate Spring’s potato harvest. Potatoes also represent the largest horticulture contribution to the state’s gross food revenue (>$440 million)”.
“The auction will bring out the best amongst South Australia’s philanthropic primary producers, service providers, researchers and other stakeholders who are keen to secure the best potatoes of the season and make a positive contribution to charity,” she added.
The Dinner, at the Hackney Hotel, Hackney will celebrate the industry’s many achievements and its unity, bringing about 100 stakeholders together. Guest speaker is the Hon Gail Gago, MLC, Minister for Agriculture, Food and Fisheries.
Ms Davis urges all potential bidders to “dig deep” on the night. “Not only is the auction a chance to attain the finest potatoes in the country (if not the world), but it’s also an opportunity to support a worthwhile cause,” she added.
These pristine, delicious baby potatoes; packed full of vitamins B6, C, fibre, potassium and antioxidants are nature’s answer to sustaining good health and are the best companion for lamb, beef, pork, game, poultry and seafood. They will feature on the menu of course!
For more information:
Potatoes South Australia
Tel: +61 8 8425 4531
Mob: +61 427 084 319
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-02 “We will continue to innovate, no matter what happens in the potato market”
- 2023-10-02 Establishing financially sustainable local seed supply systems in Ethiopia
- 2023-10-02 NEPC distributes inputs to accelerate Plateau potato production
- 2023-10-02 Cooperative launched to reduce waste and maximise value of ware potatoes
- 2023-10-02 "After a year plus of high onion prices, we mustn't lose sight of our competitive position"
- 2023-10-02 Central Highlands sweet potato farmers see prices double
- 2023-10-02 Study focuses on identification of Phytophthora infestans causing potato late blight in Yemen
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia is striving for self-sufficiency in onion production
- 2023-09-29 Maharashtra govt steps up onion sales on e-NAM
- 2023-09-29 US sweet potato imports dependent on Egyptian supply
- 2023-09-28 P.E.I. potato farmers fear summer rain might impact harvest
- 2023-09-28 Irish domestic consumption and retail sales remain stable
- 2023-09-28 "Demand for Oregon organic onions very much steady"
- 2023-09-28 Value of all potatoes sold in 2022 in Idaho, Oregon and Washington at 2.53 billion
- 2023-09-28 Ontario potato harvest underway amid favorable weather conditions
- 2023-09-28 Crisis surrounding Maharashtra onion traders unresolved